Hello Cosmere! I'm (kinda) new.

Kal

I've officially been a member of 17th Shard for awhile now, but I've only posted on a couple of forums and I've never introduced myself, so here goes...

I took my first steps into the Cosmere with the Way of Kings, per a good friend's recommendation, and WOW! I instantly fell in love with this universe. I actually listened to it on audiobook which was an amazing adventure. Michael Kramer and Kate Reading are a great duo and really brought Roshar to life for me. By the time it was over I was feeling more lonely than I ever did after finishing a Harry Potter book. Kaladin, Dalinar, Shallan, Adolin, Lopen, Teft. They're all my friends. They're not just characters in a book for me.

Since then I've read and/or listened to 

• Words of Radiance
  • Mistborn
  • Well of Ascension
  • Hero of Ages
  • Alloy of Law
  • Shadows of Self
  • Elantris
  • The Emperor's Soul
  • Warbreaker
  • Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell
  • The Sixth of the Dusk
  • The Rithmatist
  • Legion
  • Steelheart
  • Firefight
  • Mitosis
  • Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians
  • The Wheel of Time

So far, my favorite book is the Way of Kings. Maybe because that's what I started with, I don't know for sure.

My favorite character is probably Wayne. At first he feels like just a sidekick for comic relief, but then you start to get to know him. He's a very real character. I love seeing behind the mask, especially with people like him.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I'll see you soon!

Oh people are always ragging on cookies, but who should you trust, the people trying to prevent you from eating delicious delicious cookies? Or those who are kind enough to give out cookies that give their consumer magical powers?

Anyway, welcome to the forums!