Spoilered Boards

Blaze1616

Something that I just now, at this moment noticed, and I'm not sure if it's been noted before. On the main page of the forum, along the right side there's a section for New Topics. I just noticed that a topic from the SoS spoiler board is in the list, and the title itself is a sort-of spoiler. Is there a way to prevent this in the future, because I thought topic titles could have spoiler info so long as they are placed in the correct board.

SoS spoilers:

In this instance, the title is about Bloody Tan being a kandra, but for those who haven't read SoS, they don't know that Bloody Tan could be alive.

The point is that for how much effort the site puts into keeping spoilers under wraps, there's a big hole in the code if a Spoilery topic title can appear outside the actual spoiler board. But if topic titles aren't supposed to have spoilers in them, even if they're in a spoiler board, then the user is at fault. I'm looking for clarification/flagging a problem.

It's a known problem. It's one of the major reasons why spoiler policy is to avoid having titles which are spoilery for at least a short while after a new book release.

The title in this case is not actually a spoiler, in my opinion, except insofar as the title itself basically says "this question is not answered by SoS". But then, it's difficult to know that the thread was from the SoS board...

Edited by Moogle