Bands of Mourning Chapter 5

DeadFencer

Am I the only one who actually feels sorry - and embarassed - for Steris at Wax discovering her reading material?

Now I think of it, it does seem like Steris, but still...

Well I agree because it is a very vulnerable and clear look at her feelings towards Wax. She really does feel that no one could care about her in that way, but hopes against hope (in her mind), that if she could just figure out the right thing to do, that Wax could actually want her, and maybe even love her. 

Well I agree because it is a very vulnerable and clear look at her feelings towards Wax. She really does feel that no one could care about her in that way, but hopes against hope (in her mind), that if she could just figure out the right thing to do, that Wax could actually want her, and maybe even love her. 

And I think that is probably what's going to happen in Bands of Mourning.

I think they're going to end loving each other and then Mistborn era 2 comes and it will be transformed into a heroic love story where Wax has to do great deeds to win her heart. No one will remember how it really was unless Marasi uses her abilities to fastforward the world.

I suspect their progeny will make it to the next books.

Steris has two levels of concern here. One is the relationship but the other is her duty. Noble women are still primarily brood mares in Scadrial. She will be considered a major failure if she can't pop out an heir in relatively short time.

Noble women are still primarily brood mares in Scadrial.

I don't know if I agree with this. Vin's influence on the development of social structures has assured that noblewomen have things to do outside the bedchamber. 

At this point, I think that if Wax abandons Steris, she will snap. She won't Snap, necessarily. I'm thinking she will either go into serious depression or turn evil. People seem to be so concerned with their ships that they don't care about who the parties to the ships might be better off with.

• Chaos locked this topic