Kinda new, still need introduction...

Lord Ruler

Hi!! So as you may have realized from the topic folder (I think thats what its called I really don't know), I kinda need some introduction. I actually have been on this website before, but I only got it for looking at theories and spoilers. (I 'accidentally' spoiled the end of the Rithmatist for myself. I know, disgusting.) So gradually while exploring this website, I've stumbled upon more and more social events and games. I really have no clue what they are, but they sound SUPER fun, especially considering none of my friends have read Brandon Sanderson. So questions-

What are PMs? Private Messages I think, but I really can't find that anywhere.

How do you join a Sanderson Elimination game? I've read through some of them and they seem super complex and fun. I couldn't find when the next one was, or if I should join a beginner round before a different one. 

I've heard rumors of a movie/video game for mist born, which got me super exited, but are those really happening?

If I make really bad and frequent Brandon Sanderson puns, will I be praised or shunned?

How do you make a spoiler tag? Or quote something? Is there a forum/article about the technicalities of this beautiful website, cause that would be infinitely helpful.

Does Brandon Sanderson ever come on these forums? That would be so cool!!!

Thats about it, but I bet as soon as I upload this I'm gonna find something else I need help with, so be warned...

Thanks!

Hey there, welcome to the forums!

PMs are indeed private messages. You can send messages by mousing over people's usernames in their posts, and see all your old PMs via the envelope button at the top right of the page.

Sanderson Elimination games I'm not familiar with, but you could try PMing someone who organizes them.

There's indeed a Mistborn video game, or was. It's been delayed a number of times, so I don't know if I can recommend getting hyped for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mistborn:_Birthright

Spoiler tags can be done by typing something like the following when writing a post:

This text is outside the spoiler tag
[spoiler]This stuff is in the spoiler tag![/spoiler]
This text is also outside the spoiler tag.

This produces the following:

This text is outside the spoiler tag

This stuff is in the spoiler tag!

This text is also outside the spoiler tag.

Quoting a post is easy as hitting the "Quote" button at the bottom right of any given post. I'm not sure if there's a tutorial on all the most useful functions, but the forums have a help page with a fair bit of stuff here: http://www.17thshard.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=help

I hope to see more posts by you!

• 4 weeks later...