Dustbringers' Division Surge

Cheese Ninja

103 members have voted

1. 1. Why did seemingly normal soldiers glow with Stormlight in Dalinar's vision on the Purelake?

• They were Surgebinders, but not full Radiants.
    • The Dustbringer's Division Surge allows them to share their Stormlight with non-Surgebinders.
    • Neither of the above. And the thread creator overvalues polls.

Well, it doesn't precisely fit what I was saying (not that it has to).  I was thinking of bonds between molecules rather than bonds within molecules.  It is merely a matter of energy level required to accomplish it.  Also you would be bringing elements from an ionic state to an elemental state which involves swapping around electrons and such.  And it takes much more energy to get a cation to accept an electron rather than to donate one.  The opposite for a anion.  To me this seems a bit overpowered, but who knows.

Well if they can divide atoms, they may be a tad overpowered for sure...

Get some heavy metals, split the atoms... boom!

Edited by The Count

Was it confirmed somehow that the KR at Purelake was a Dustbringer? I read the chapter and immediately thought, "hey, nice surface tension surge baby, you must be a Stoneward." when she ran across the water.

We're pretty sure. You can read a lot of discussion about it in this thread: www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/5137-final-surge/

The short version is that the plate color is wrong for a Stoneward. If she was a Stoneward, she'd be glowing amber.

Was it confirmed somehow that the KR at Purelake was a Dustbringer? I read the chapter and immediately thought, "hey, nice surface tension surge baby, you must be a Stoneward." when she ran across the water. 

There is a great debate going on here about the final surge, and they bring up the KR in the vision. I personally like Stoneward's explanation and argument that it's a Dustbringer. Every other Stoneward we have seen glowed a deep red, not an amber color. Division would also make sense for why the water moved around here (at least, if that is how the division power works).

*EDIT* I started typing this up, then had a call at work.... so Stoneward beat me to it.... :(

Edited by Macen

• 3 months later...
  • Chaos locked this topic