New Webcomics

ZeldaDad

So I just recently got really into a new webcomic, read through every page in the first day, and now have to wait for updates. So, let's all share our favorite webcomics! And then have friends to talk with about them!

The one I just got up to date on is Looking for Group. It's insanely funny, especially for gamers. The other one I read is Schlock Mercenary. I mean, who doesn't like a webcomic-space-opera?

Okay, your turn!

i used to read LFG years ago, but kinda just stopped reading it after a while. Great comic.

Comics i check on a regular basis:

XKCD

Order of the stick

VG cats

Cynaide and Happiness

Amazing Super powers

Lefthanded toons (by right handed people)

Axe cop

Doctor cat

I have a few others i read occasionally, but those are the ones i check on a (fairly) regular basis, and i recommend all of them

edit:

oh, also, Manly guys doing manly things

So I just recently got really into a new webcomic, read through every page in the first day, and now have to wait for updates. So, let's all share our favorite webcomics! And then have friends to talk with about them!

The one I just got up to date on is Looking for Group. It's insanely funny, especially for gamers. The other one I read is Schlock Mercenary. I mean, who doesn't like a webcomic-space-opera?

Okay, your turn!

You have opened Pandora's Box. This is an irreversible act. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

I'm fifty pages in LFG and loving it. SO GOOD. And Schlock Mercenary is my favorite comic of all times.

Beat me to it.
Beat me to it.
BEAT ME TO IT!

How are we NOT the same person?

Here's some of mine:

Awkward Zombie is awesome, pointing the dumb things and oddities in video games.

Darths and Droids is one of my favorites. It can basically be defined as Star Wars as told as a tabletop RPG campaign. AND IT'S AWESOME.

Basic Instructions is a comic I StumbleUpon'd a while ago and just makes me laugh and laugh. Even better, Brandon tweeted that he likes this comic! WOOT!

Head Trip is pretty funny, but adonalsium help you if you reflect anything she considers stupid. The end tends to be violent on an unbelievable scale.

Bug is one of my favorites, the dialog is PRICELESS.

Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal is many things. Tame has NEVER BEEN ONE OF THEM. Black comedy is its stock and trade, and does a very good job of making you want to smack yourself for laughing so hard. And graph jokes. It has a lot of those.

Manly Guys is AWESOME!!!

Well, I kinda follow ~50 comics, some of which have already been mentioned, so I'll just link you to a page listing them all: HERE.

A few of my favourites include The Phoenix Requiem, Something Positive, Questonable Content, Perry Bible Fellowship, Octopus Pie, Brown Sharpie. Though I'd say my favourite by far is Sequential Art, I read thorugh it every now and again, and it always succeeds in making me laugh until my sides hurt.

I would also check out Questionable Content, if you're into more romantic comedy stuff. Oddly, I'm not usually into that stuff, but apparently, QC is that good.

Looking for Group is definitely the best, though, shortly followed by xkcd.

You have opened Pandora's Box. This is an irreversible act. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Haha, I expected as much when I made this thread. However, it had to be done. Webcomic sharing is a must! :)

Thanks for all the suggestions so far!

Alright, well I follow quite a few of the above, but some of my favorites that haven't been listed are:

The Meek - Gorgeous art. Be warned, the first chapter is a little NSFW because of nudity, but it's not risque (she's a girl who lives in the jungle and doesn't have any clothes).

Phoenix Requiem, Dreamless, and Inverloch- All three done by the amazing Sarah Ellerton, gorgeous art again, and all three of them are complete!

Flaky Pastry- Off the wall, hilarious humor anyone? This one's notable for its EPIC FORESHADOWING!!

Hanna Is Not A Boys Name- Really? No one's said HINABN yet? The updates are a little sporadic but the comic more than makes up for it.

The Dreamland Chronicles- I don't follow this one religiously, but every now and then I go read through what I've missed. It's a 3D rendered comic which is interesting, kind of like if Pixar ever made a comic.

Earthsong - Basic fantasy, fairly good.

Fey Winds - Snarky fantasy. Definitly worth checking out.

Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures(DMFA) - This one's a bit of a guilty pleasure. Yes, it's a furry comic. Deal. It was my first webcomic ever, but it's one that's kind of hard to get into. Basically, the beginning is not that great. I might even call it terrible. But there's such an artist improvement, it totally makes up for it. If you can get through the first part, it's amazing. The first webcomic I check everyday.

Wow. I read waaaaaayyy too many webcomics. And this isn't even all of them. I'm also keeping up with XKCD, Looking for Group, VG Cat's Super Effective and others that have named here already.

Edited by FeatherWriter

Alright, well I follow quite a few of the above, but some of my favorites that haven't been listed are:

Yeah Sarah Ellerton is just EPIC! *worship*

Furry comics aren't that bad. Like I said, Sequential Art is one of the best comics I've ever read, and that is a anthro.

Seriously, how are we not the same person! Maybe there was a Shattering involved. *shrug*

Well, to be fair, we have no clear cut proof that we aren't! Could be suffering from similar-but-different-personalities syndrome! :P

Similar-but-different? So we COULD be Shards of a whole person!

These are some of my favorite comics, they're all by the same guy who is AMAZING:

The first is the Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi, which a mega crossover of different cartoons, mostly from Cartoon Network, into a sweet, epic storyline. It also has some real drama to it, which is fantastic. I personally find Dexter's storyline pretty relatable and VERY compelling.

Next is Sugar Bits. It's my least favorite of the three but still fantastic, with kooky, interesting characters and some awesome worldbuilding.

The last is my favorite. Grim Tales From Down Below is REALLY GOOD, and one of the best crossovers I've ever read. It's mostly based on The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, but don't hold that against it. Warning: It's pretty dark, and some of the story elements are pretty dang unsettling.

Warning overall: The comics have a definite lolicon slant, but it's pretty low key, mostly. You'll know it when you see it. The art, though, is fantastic. Especially the giant monsters and stuff. Very good eye for detail.

Not really a comic, but it kind of is at the same time (especially the later ones). Lots of text, and only updates once a month lately, but still an amazing read: Hyperbole and A Half

Now this one is definitely a comic, and the art is AMAZING. The story and characters are really good too. Only fall back is there is no regular update schedule, so once you get through the old content, you'll be waiting for a while. Curse me when you are done reading: Lackadaisy

My other faves include QC, and some lighter comics like Canadian Comic AK Tettenborn's Twice Shy and her older comic Fudge That Sugar which doesn't seem to be updating for now, but is still hilarious.

(EDIT: Upon rereading the title, I thought it prudent to point out that aside from QC and Hyperbole and a Half, all of these comics are fairly new.)

so these are kinda dumb comics, but i read 'em on occasion (they're also pretty new, as in both set up this year, and by the same person). I mostly like the art and the dumb humor makes me chuckle:

Doctor Cat

Ghost cat

(note that doctor cat's name is descriptive of its content, where as ghost cat is not)