Pewter

He is a scholar with his primary memories dealing with religion but he states he has many topics stored in his metal minds. I just find it very hard to believe he'd not tap hearing if he could in that situation, even if it were simply to hear how they interact with one another along with observing them.

That much hearing would probably be pretty painful if he so much as scraped the ground a little.

Not sure why you brought up the rest of his knowledge when the main reason they all have a focus of study is most likely because nobody has the time to read it all in detail and it's mostly a redundant backup for other people if nothing else. Plus he, you know, can't actually know what's in there without checking. And knowledge and actually doing something are very different.

Trust me. Intelligence, knowledge, and tunnel vision do not directly or inversely correlate.

Getting back to the pewter compounding, I don't think anyone has brought up Feruchemically compounding allomantic pewter.

I know that it hasn't been confirmed what the exact method of doing this is, but I would think that it would result in more allomantic strength per unit time, higher than you could get it by flaring, which could be crazy. Allomantic pewter is pretty ridiculous, and if you removed the upper limit on how much you can use at once, I think you'd be nearly unstoppable.

D'you think you could burn pewter allomantically to raise your strength even more before storing in a pewtermind, then compounding that whilst burning allomantic pewter to create a bigger store of strength then miles could create a store of health, if he was given the same amount of time and metal, if you get what I mean.

That much hearing would probably be pretty painful if he so much as scraped the ground a little.

Not sure why you brought up the rest of his knowledge when the main reason they all have a focus of study is most likely because nobody has the time to read it all in detail and it's mostly a redundant backup for other people if nothing else. Plus he, you know, can't actually know what's in there without checking. And knowledge and actually doing something are very different.

Trust me. Intelligence, knowledge, and tunnel vision do not directly or inversely correlate.

The discussion in the first place was tapping multiple senses, in that we agree to disagree. If you could tap multiple senses at once, why would you have to tap them all the to the same degree? If it is possible to tap multiple senses I see no reason why you would tap them that the same amount. In the situation I stated though,I suppose he would have.

Also, I hope I didn't anger anyone in that discussion, it wasn't my intent if I did, my apologies.

Back to the topic, I think you would be able to build up an enormous pewter reserve in the same way Miles does, I assume it would follow the same rules.

Burning pewter and storing strength may somewhat cancel out, but since Feruchemically pewter seems to be based on muscle mass and allomantic pewter adds supernatural strength without increasing your muscle mass, I don't believe you would be able to store much more strength.

Unless Feruchemy would store the magic strength before taking from your actual muscles.

Since compounding Feruchemy is so potent, you really wouldn't need to worry about finding ways to store more quickly, barring a situation where you had basically no time to generate a metalmind with a very large amount of strength.

Burning pewter and storing strength may somewhat cancel out, but since Feruchemically pewter seems to be based on muscle mass and allomantic pewter adds supernatural strength without increasing your muscle mass, I don't believe you would be able to store much more strength.

Huh, what you said here just made me realize that storing strength while burning pewter could actually be an advantage precisely because you lose muscle mass. The books point out that Vin's slight frame gives her an advantage with burning pewter because it adds a flat amount of strength, giving her insect-like strength and allowing her to jump super high.

Not directly related to what you said here, but just an interesting thought for if we ever see a Double Pewter Twinborn.

Huh, what you said here just made me realize that storing strength while burning pewter could actually be an advantage precisely because you lose muscle mass. The books point out that Vin's slight frame gives her an advantage with burning pewter because it adds a flat amount of strength, giving her insect-like strength and allowing her to jump super high.

Not directly related to what you said here, but just an interesting thought for if we ever see a Double Pewter Twinborn.

I believe it's just a flawed theory of in-world characters - Vin was just better than regular Mistborn and much like Lerasiumborn she got more power from burning the metals (not that much that it would be so visible as in comparision with Lerasiumborn like Elend, whose Pushes and Pulls were superior to the regular ones).

I believe it's just a flawed theory of in-world characters - Vin was just better than regular Mistborn and much like Lerasiumborn she got more power from burning the metals (not that much that it would be so visible as in comparision with Lerasiumborn like Elend, whose Pushes and Pulls were superior to the regular ones).

While I agree she was more powerful, and that undoubtedly contributed to her pewter shenanigans, I am still reasonably confident the strength boost from pewter is a flat amount which does not change with your body weight.

It makes sense, since why would two Thugs with the same Allomantic power but different body weights, each receiving the same amount of Investiture from a pewter burn, be able to lift differing amounts of additional weight? That would imply one was using the Investiture gained much more efficiently, which does not make sense to me.

I don't believe Vin was much more than, say, 50% more powerful than other Allomancers.

Edited by Moogle

You may be right Oversleep, but I think Ham had worked with many different Thugs over the years. It seems unlikely that he would have not encountered a Thug with a small build before. If Vin had manifested any unprecedented abilities, I doubt Ham would've assumed it was only because she was small.

Edited by King's Twit

• Chaos locked this topic