'What's with all the Ooklas?' 2015 edition!

Eerongal

Hello, all!

By now I'm sure some of our more perceptive users (and probably anyone with eyes) and are new around here might be asking themselves "What's with all these ookla names?"

Long story short, it's a holiday tradition around here to rename yourself "ookla the ____" in honor of none other than Brandon's assistant Peter Ahlstrom we like to call 'Ookla the Mokovial' (or at least i do). This holiday was founded when Peter decided to drop his previous moniker of "Ookla the Mok" that he used way back in the day on the timewaster's guide forums, for the more sensible (and boring) approach of using his real name! A few people around here found that to be unfortunate, and in response, we decide once a year, we should all rename ourselves in commemoration. This holiday coincides with peter's birthday (November 26th), but a few members have decided to start early (no big deal! as of writing this, november 26th is a few hours away by the mountain time zone peter resides in, thus me making the topic a bit early!).

The holiday usually runs about a week or so, but generally goes "until we get bored of it". Members usually have fun trying to guess who's who in light of changed around profiles, and such a thread is already running! So anyone new to the tradition: you now know what's up, so get creative with those names and have some fun!

Enjoy, guys!

--Jiverongal