Allomancy in Roshar

baby

QUESTION

In other worlds, are we seeing any magics already? Like, Allomancy might be in Roshar?

BRANDON SANDERSON

You've seen people using Allomancy in Roshar before.

Soooo...

Have any of ya'll seen this happening before? Can't recall anything other than Hoid(?) pouring metal shavings in his drink when talking to Shallan's dad.

EDIT: comes from here if interested

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=1052#79

Edited by Once-ler

I read it and couldn't think of any instance where someone seemed to be pushing or pulling... But I wouldn't rule it out... ingesting metals isn't the same as USING allomancy.

Except when the next two people Hoid talks to react suspiciously well to what he's saying/doing.  (Specifically, Shallan's father doesn't punch Hoid, and Shallan herself doesn't run from Hoid)

Edited by Landis963

However, Hoid remains alive and presumably well. I'd say that he'd escape execution. Also, he's invited to Sadeas' funeral.

If you cut Hoid's head off, it will grow back. If you sliced him through with a Shardblade, once his eyes stopped smoking, they'd heal up, and color would be restored to his grey, Sharddead skin. He is just about impossible to kill.

If you cut Hoid's head off, it will grow back. If you sliced him through with a Shardblade, once his eyes stopped smoking, they'd heal up, and color would be restored to his grey, Sharddead skin. He is just about impossible to kill.

I wonder if being struck with an unsheathed nightblood would kill him.

Probably. If Nightblood sucked all of his Investiture out as he killed him, he wouldn't be able to heal. Then again, not really knowing how his powers work, it is conceivable that he has a means of unconsciously recharging his Investiture stores. As long as you left his body laying around some source of it, he'd eventually recharge and regenerate. 

Probably. If Nightblood sucked all of his Investiture out as he killed him, he wouldn't be able to heal. Then again, not really knowing how his powers work, it is conceivable that he has a means of unconsciously recharging his Investiture stores. As long as you left his body laying around some source of it, he'd eventually recharge and regenerate. 

Umm pretty sure nightblood feeds off it's wielder.  The people struck by it when unsheathed in warbreaker seemed to turn to smoke completely.  No body left to sit around. 

Are you sure he isn't sucking up his victims' Investiture too? I'm assuming that Hoid is pretty full of Investiture, so I don't think that he'd poof into smoke quite as easily as your average person, but I suppose that I could be wrong.

Are you sure he isn't sucking up his victims' Investiture too? I'm assuming that Hoid is pretty full of Investiture, so I don't think that he'd poof into smoke quite as easily as your average person, but I suppose that I could be wrong.

Am I sure.  No absolutely not.  The only thing I know is that at the end of warbreaker Vasher swings him and things go poof when he connects and he drains Vasher's breath.

• Chaos locked this topic