Questions about Paalm.

Fallen Rope

What was it that made Paalm turn against Harmony, it wasn't just leaving Wax, because she still went though with the plan of pretending to die. Did she find being without wax unbearable so she eventually snapped (which I doubt because she would of just gone to Wax and told him the truth so she could be back with him). I think Harmony did something else to anger her, or did he use the flaw to make her go through with the plan and not go back to Wax.

Old thread (it was not every concise)

Does just remove it to be free of Harmony, and then her insane mind then create the plan of collapsing society,or does she remove her spike after thinking of her plan. A doubt it is the first, I think Harmony does not use the flaw unless a Kandra does something really bad. If it is the second, then she makes the plan because she is angry at Harmony for separating her from Wax, but if she is willing to go against Harmony, why didn't she just go to Wax and tell him the truth so she could be back with him.

Also why does she go against Harmony after the Bloody Tan plan and not before, did Harmony use the flaw to make Paalm go through with the plan. Harmony using the flaw to make Paalm go through with the plan is the only scenario I can think of that explains why Paalm did what she did instead of just staying with Wax.

Why didn't Harmony just tell Wax the truth, that he needed to go to the city and Lessie was a Kandra sent by him, but the falling in love part wasn't planed. Wax might feel upset about Lessie lying to him, but it would have lead to far less emotional trauma. 

Also who/what was Bloody Tan, another Kandra, a person manipulated by Harmony, or something else.

Edited by Fallen Rope

I think it was the whole thing with her pretending to be killed. TenSoon tells Wax that Harmony did force Paalm to do something she didn't want to, and I think that is what it was. That would then be what made her seek so much to free herself from Harmony. I also think that the process of freeing herself from Harmony is what caused her to go insane, obviously something to do with Trell (I cite Miles as supporting evidence for Trell twisting perception).

I think it was the whole thing with her pretending to be killed. TenSoon tells Wax that Harmony did force Paalm to do something she didn't want to, and I think that is what it was. That would then be what made her seek so much to free herself from Harmony. I also think that the process of freeing herself from Harmony is what caused her to go insane, obviously something to do with Trell (I cite Miles as supporting evidence for Trell twisting perception).

Actually, what was stated in the book that Harmony was pressuring her really hard to do something she didn't want to do.  He never forced her to do anything, and it's ambiguous as to whether she actually did the thing, whether her death was actually planned or just foreseen, and/or Tan came along at the right time to render the entire thing moot.

There are still a lot of details about what went down that we just don't know.

I think that Harmony didn't get Tan to kill Paalm, if Harmony's plan was killing Lessie I doubt he would of wanted Wax to be tricked into shooting her, that is unnecessarily cruel, so something else must of angered Paalm.

It seems from what Marsh said in AoL that Harmony code means he won't stop his agents going against him.

Luckily the next book comes out January so I won't go insane from not knowing.

• Chaos locked this topic