Hello... and request clarification

Entyti

Hello all. I'm a bit late to the party. I fell in love Sanderson's writing from the first pages I read of Elantris. I am excited that I have stumbled upon this site.

Having said that, you will likely not see too much of me. I am by nature a lurker. But I will be around, an omnipresent silent partner. And I will definitely put in my two cents when there's a joke to be had, rest assured!

On to my question... I noticed a discrepancy in the Ars Arcanum. In the book, the primary and secondary divine attributes for Nan are: Learned and Giving. However, in numerous sources online, I have seen this swapped with Vev (which is Just and Confident).

Has this been addressed anywhere? Was there a mistake in my copy (I am currently referencing my kindle version of tWoK)? Did Sanderson switch them officially anywhere? Has anyone else noticed this discrepancy? I should point out that it is these two and only these two attributes that have been swapped, to my knowledge.

This is obviously an important clarification for me, since the identity of Darkness is mostly theorized on exactly these attributes.

Thanks!

First of, welcome to 17th Shard!

Second, Brandon has said that the book had Vedeledev's and Nalan's divine attributes swapped.  The correct version is Nalan-Just/Confident, Vedeledev-Loving/Healing.

I hope this helps, and that you enjoy yourself here!

• Chaos locked this topic