How Cosmere-savy is Wayne?

LegendMKII

This is probably going to go nowhere, but Wayne seems to know a lot about some aspects of the Cosmere. Both in AOL and SOS he mentions the God Beyond, which seems to be his religion of choice, and has been theorised to be related towards Adolnasium. He also wanted to speak to Hoid while Wax was talking to Harmony, could it be Wayne has contacts who are world-hoppers? I think this is unlikely since he probably would have called on them during the crisis in SOS, however, there must be somewhere he has gotten this information.

Thanks for hearing my musings.

I'm not sure if Wayne is Cosmere-savy but I think it does pose a question, given that we see the God beyond mentioned on multiple worlds:

The God Beyond or the Unknown God was a god that was worshipped on multiple Shardworlds.[1][2][3]

On ScadrialWayne mentions the God Beyond in passing.[1]

On Sel, it was referred to as the Unknown God by the MaiPon, although this is indeed the same as the God Beyond.[2] Wan ShaiLu prays to the unknown god[4], and her people related it to the rocks that fell from the sky.[5]

On ThrenodySilence Montane and her daughter William Ann, swore to the God Beyond.[3]

I wonder if it could means some of the Yoelen race, who would have been more Cosmere aware, have integrated themselves into multiple societies or that Hoid has set up groups of 'Wordsingers' on various world passing knowledge of Religions and beliefs. 

This is probably going to go nowhere, but Wayne seems to know a lot about some aspects of the Cosmere. Both in AOL and SOS he mentions the God Beyond, which seems to be his religion of choice, and has been theorised to be related towards Adolnasium. He also wanted to speak to Hoid while Wax was talking to Harmony, could it be Wayne has contacts who are world-hoppers? I think this is unlikely since he probably would have called on them during the crisis in SOS, however, there must be somewhere he has gotten this information.

Thanks for hearing my musings.

Brandon Sanderson told me at the Portland signing that Wayne likes Hoid but doesn't know who he is. So he probably doesn't know about worldhoppers.

I'm saying that Hoid has a goal in mind and is up to something.  I ascribe no such ambitions to Wayne.  :D

Wayne has some ambitions.  Yes he's very happy drinking and lying about during his down time,  however if you look at his actions since he killed a man,  his actions have all said he's living his life for atonement,  that he doesn't think he can ever earn.

Wayne has some ambitions.  Yes he's very happy drinking and lying about during his down time,  however if you look at his actions since he killed a man,  his actions have all said he's living his life for atonement,  that he doesn't think he can ever earn.

This is true.  That's about the one and only thing he actually takes seriously.

Of course, part of his atonement is providing for the family he broke, so I don't actually see him jumping into Worldhopping anytime soon.  I can't imagine that it's very easy to send half of one's pay back through Shadesmar.  :ph34r:

This is true.  That's about the one and only thing he actually takes seriously.

Of course, part of his atonement is providing for the family he broke, so I don't actually see him jumping into Worldhopping anytime soon.  I can't imagine that it's very easy to send half of one's pay back through Shadesmar.  :ph34r:

Well Hoid manages to send letters somehow. lol maybe there are mailspren.

Edited by TwelfthOfSnackTime

Perhaps it's because Wayne enjoys learning unique people and accents.  Hoid likely has put on a unique persona in this world so Wayne is going to try to figure out how to wear him like a costume. Add him to his repertoire, so to speak.

ayne just has no idea that the coachman he's trying to imitate has an ENORMOUS backstory.

• Chaos locked this topic