Atium

StormingTexan

I had a thought reading the book and completely slipped my mind after the tragic ending. When Wax and TenSoon were in the caves before the attack didn't they mention that Harmony moved the Pits of Hathsin to the same place as the Kandra Homeland? Wax saw them and said something about them but I would have to go back and look. I also remember something about it taking 300  years for the Atium crystals to repair. So...It has been 300 years and now Wax knows where to get Atium right? 

Edited by StormingTexan

Nope, the moss was for light. Harmony didn't want anyone to be trapped in the darkness of the Pits again.

The holes where the crystals had once grown were all empty. Wax used them as handholds. I don't remember any clear statement about the Pits no longer producing Atium, but I'm inclined to think so based on what Wax saw (or didn't in this case) and other passages stating that the God metals no longer exist.

You should re-read that part and do a quick search in the Ars Arcanum. It's possible you'll also find relevant information on what Harmony did to the Atium on the end of The Hero of Ages.

Didn't Preservation stash part of Ruin's power as Atium?  Now that Harmony is both, he should be able to just keep the power, and so prevent the atium from reforming.
Also, the Pits were always adjacent to the Homeland.

Didn't Preservation stash part of Ruin's power as Atium?  Now that Harmony is both, he should be able to just keep the power, and so prevent the atium from reforming.

Also, the Pits were always adjacent to the Homeland.

More or less this. 

Atium was the extra bit of Ruin, right? Since there's a bit of Preservation in every human, Ruin was slightly stronger. If Harmony is to be truly balanced (harmonious, if you will), he needs to have equal 'amounts' of Ruin and Preservation. That still leaves a bit of Ruin left unaccounted for. The return of Atium as that extra bit would have been the expected way to round things out.

I'm not completely sure about the above. I think I read it on the internet somewhere, so it must be true :)

• Chaos locked this topic