Once upon a time on a local RP board, a Sanderfan concocted a villainous character named Nighthound. Nighthound was so depraved, so sadistic, so universally despised, that the players of the RP took to repeating the sentence "And then Nighthound died" to themselves just to cope.

Eventually other sadistic characters were concocted, and the tradition was expanded into a full list. The ATTD list, we called it--short for "And Then They Died."

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your chance to get in on this fine tradition. In this thread we will assemble the absolute worst villains from the world of fiction, the villains who are so awful, so horrifically devious, that the reader can do nothing but hope and pray for the page that spells this character's untimely demise. We will assemble a list, so all may desire these villains' deaths as strongly as you do.

I'll start by listing a character from The Algebraist, which I am currently reading. I'm not far into the book, but already I can tell the the Archimandrite Luceferous, warrior priest of the Starveling Cult of Leseum9IV, is a worthy addition.

Six pages into the novel, during the Archimandrite's introduction scene, we learn that the Archimandrite had the severed head of a rebel leader named Stinausin kept alive by technological means, and then hung from the ceiling in his quarters to be used as a punchball whenever Luseferous is in a foul mood.

View this passage describing the situation to see my case for Luseferous' entrance to the ATTD List. :mellow:

Though by now perfectly insane, sometimes, after an especially intense training session with the Archimandrite, when the blood trickled down from the one-time rebel chief's split lips, re-broken nose and puffed-up eyes and ears, Stinausin would cry. This Luseferous found particularly gratifying, and sometimes he would stand, breathing hard and wiping himself down with a towel while he watched the tears dilute the blood dripping from the inverted, disembodied head, to land in a broad ceramic shower tray set into the floor.

Your turn! Who are the absolute worst villains in your opinion? Remember to mark major spoilers, and to have fun... or as much fun is possible, with company like these afoot.

Edited by Kobold King

Bethod, from the Blade Itself, by Joe Abercrombie. Can't be bothered finding quotes now, but he does some nasty stuff. (Or, more precisely, he orders other people to do nasty stuff.)

Who is Bethod? In three words: Power Hungry Dictator.

Have you finished the trilogy? Because if you have, I will argue this to the grave with you.

I would like to Nominate Volka from city of Stairs. 

A hundred years ago, tyrannical insane gods ruled the world. This guy decides to bring them back. He causes uncountable deaths, and nearly destroys his own city. He also beats the crap out of his brother and gets him killed.

Jar-Jar Binks. :ph34r: 

On a more serious note….

Humans spoilers: 

Niska, a synthetic with a human consciousness and personality—essentially, a human synth—has been captured and placed in a brothel. All of the other prostitutes there are synths, and a synthetic's programming is such that they have to follow orders given by humans. Niska is an exception, her programming having granted her free will. 

Anyway, she hasn't been there long when a man in his late forties or early fifties comes in. He acts agitated, pacing back and forth, and generally giving off the impression that he's ashamed to be there. The viewer is led to believe that he'll turn and walk out, making it something of a surprise when he tells Niska: 

I want you to act scared. Like you're afraid of me….and I want you to act young. Like a little girl.

Niska refuses, he argues that she doesn't have a choice, and she crushes his throat. Later, the police investigation reveals that this man had two small daughters at home.

Stormlight Archive spoilers: 

After Sadeas' betrayal of Dalinar and Adolin at the plateau, he landed solidly on my own personal ATTD list, remaining there until his death in Words of Radiance. I felt more sympathy for Adolin than I did for Sadeas in that scene.

Once upon a time on a local RP board, a Sanderfan concocted a villainous character named Nighthound. Nighthound was so depraved, so sadistic, so universally despised, that the players of the RP took to repeating the sentence "And then Nighthound died" to themselves just to cope.

Eventually other sadistic characters were concocted, and the tradition was expanded into a full list. The ATTD list, we called it--short for "And Then They Died."

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your chance to get in on this fine tradition. In this thread we will assemble the absolute worst villains from the world of fiction, the villains who are so awful, so horrifically devious, that the reader can do nothing but hope and pray for the page that spells this character's untimely demise. We will assemble a list, so all may desire these villains' deaths as strongly as you do.

I'll start by listing a character from The Algebraist, which I am currently reading. I'm not far into the book, but already I can tell the the Archimandrite Luceferous, warrior priest of the Starveling Cult of Leseum9IV, is a worthy addition.

Six pages into the novel, during the Archimandrite's introduction scene, we learn that the Archimandrite had the severed head of a rebel leader named Stinausin kept alive by technological means, and then hung from the ceiling in his quarters to be used as a punchball whenever Luseferous is in a foul mood.

View this passage describing the situation to see my case for Luseferous' entrance to the ATTD List. :mellow:

Your turn! Who are the absolute worst villains in your opinion? Remember to mark major spoilers, and to have fun... or as much fun is possible, with company like these afoot.

Iain M Banks, huh? It's been a bit since I've read one of his books though I own a bunch of them. 

Great, now I've posted in the thread and don't have anything to add... umm... Davros?

Iain M Banks, huh? It's been a bit since I've read one of his books though I own a bunch of them. 

Great, now I've posted in the thread and don't have anything to add... umm... Davros?

Good luck with keeping him that way.  That man's come back from the dead so many times that he ought to have an honorary membership in the Marvel Universe.

Stormlight Archive spoilers: 

After Sadeas' betrayal of Dalinar and Adolin at the plateau, he landed solidly on my own personal ATTD list, remaining there until his death in Words of Radiance. I felt more sympathy for Adolin than I did for Sadeas in that scene.

That's the normal reaction... who really felt sympathy for red face?????

I don't know who I would kill... I'm still thinking... The only name I have in mind has already died and the other one... oh... she also died  :ph34r:

Alright. I'll put them the first one in spoiler in care someone feels like reading the wonderful work of fiction that is Divergence  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Tris Prior. Oh and you may as well add Four to the lot  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: together with Cristina who is just annoying and while we are at it, everyone else in the cast except perhaps Uriah. Uriah was actually cool, but oh, yeah he does die.  :ph34r:

The second one is from movie Moulin Rouge..... It's old, so I won't put spoilers but in the advent you would not want to know the ending of this superb supposedly annoying romantic flic, stop reading  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

The whole time my husband and I watch this movie, we were crazily stating: "Die, die, die, die oh but would you just die yet" each time Nicole Kidman's character started fainting or singing or just being in the scene...  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  It was such satisfaction when she died performing  :rolleyes:

I guess we won't win first prize for most romantic couple in history  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

I think the first character I really wanted dead was John's mustache from Sherlock.

On a serious note though, Umbridge from Harry Potter needed to die. Several times over.

She was a 'beeeeeeeep'.

Anyway. The first person that comes to mind is Thanos.

HE IS THE SICKEST VILLAIN ALIVE. HIS WHOLE LIFE STORY IS EVIL.JUST READ THANOS RISING. I woe the day I picked up that comic...

Spoilers ahead

post-15956-0-89123800-1441712598_thumb.j

post-15956-0-93902800-1441712564_thumb.j

post-15956-0-37612100-1441712524_thumb.j

post-15956-0-62251700-1441712550_thumb.j

post-15956-0-30346600-1441712584_thumb.j

Ugh, he is disgusting.

She was a 'beeeeeeeep'.

Anyway. The first person that comes to mind is Thanos.

HE IS THE SICKEST VILLAIN ALIVE. HIS WHOLE LIFE STORY IS EVIL.JUST READ THANOS RISING. I woe the day I picked up that comic...

Spoilers ahead

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Ugh, he is disgusting.

I know this will sound uber weird, but i actually like Thanos :ph34r: