Nicrosil Twinborn?

Blightsong

This was just brought up on Brandon's subreddit.

Could a Nicrosil Twinborn generate unlimited investiture by storing investiture then compounding it? What would be the result, how powerful could someone get? Maybe Brandon will touch on this when we get a protagonist who can atleast use Nicrosil allomantically in modern trilogy mistborn.

Investiture cannot be created or destroyed.

The investiture of allomancy that is causing the compounding originates from Preservation. You can only keep going until the shard runs dry outright, I would think. And that's a LOT of nicrosil.

At the point where you have that much Feruchemical nicrosil Compounded, I expect drawing on it would destroy you like it did Vin. I guess you wouldn't become Preservation (Harmony wouldn't let you draw that much without intervening), but perhaps you'd become something like a Returned?

Investiture cannot be created or destroyed.

The investiture of allomancy that is causing the compounding originates from Preservation. You can only keep going until the shard runs dry outright, I would think. And that's a LOT of nicrosil.

That is a hell of a lot of Nicrosil, but does this mean that a Nicrosil compounder could essentially steal a large chunk of preservation?

That is a hell of a lot of Nicrosil, but does this mean that a Nicrosil compounder could essentially steal a large chunk of preservation?

Yes. But it wouldn't have to be nicrosil; any Compounder is seemingly capable of doing that.

But I wouldn't expect Sazed to take that lying down. It'd imbalance him towards Ruin, if nothing else.

Yes. But it wouldn't have to be nicrosil; any Compounder is seemingly capable of doing that.

But I wouldn't expect Sazed to take that lying down. It'd imbalance him towards Ruin, if nothing else.

Any compounder could do it, but a Nicrosil compounder would be able to use all that investiture for anything that would be in their ability to do. Imagine a Nicrosil twinborn awakener with the stolen power of a shard. I'm just saying that cool things could be done with this in the future.

I just assumed when that the term Investiture here just refers to plain Investiture, meaning the energy that has yet to be defined/determined by a Shard's Intent, ergo making the metal mind a pool of blank investiture.

I see it as a way for possibly accessing other Shardworld's magic systems (obviously accounting for Spiritual hacks/Connections/Haemalurgy etc etc)

• Chaos locked this topic