Paperback editions

kxvin

Just a quick question if anybody happens to know the answer: Why wasn't Words of Radiance released in trade paperback in the U.S.? I have The Way of Kings in trade paperback, and I hate mass market paperback so I just bought Words of Radiance on my Kindle.

Just a quick question if anybody happens to know the answer: Why wasn't Words of Radiance released in trade paperback in the U.S.? I have The Way of Kings in trade paperback, and I hate mass market paperback so I just bought Words of Radiance on my Kindle.

Trade paperbacks are part of the normal release schedule for most of Brandon's books.  Elantris is finally getting one for its 10th Anniversary.  WoK didn't get one until like 4 years after it's release.  We might get one in a few years.

Trade paperbacks are part of the normal release schedule for most of Brandon's books.  Elantris is finally getting one for its 10th Anniversary.  WoK didn't get one until like 4 years after it's release.  We might get one in a few years.

I knew that for the most part, and I am excited about the re-release of Elantris, which I'm hoping to get in hard cover. I just thought it was odd that one book in the series would have a trade paperback release but not the other, but if you're saying it didn't come out until later then that explains it. Thanks.

? Well now I'm confused, because I live in Ohio and my local library has WoR in both hardcover and paperback versions....

There are two types of paperbacks. Trade paperback which is almost the same size as a hardback, and mass market paperback which is small. Trade paperbacks will generally be somewhere around $15-$20, whereas mass market paperbacks will be around $8-$9.

I misunderstood it but I am pretty positive I have seen the bigger one at Barnes & Noble.

When WoR was released in paperback I worked at a Barnes & Noble, and I promise you it doesn't exist.

• Chaos locked this topic