Which Fandom are you in?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a Fandom. (Sorry Folks, I'm not including Cosmere. We need more than one choice here)

• Dr. Who
    • Harry Potter
    • Pokemon
    • My Little Pony
    • Star Wars
    • Star Trek
    • Percy Jackson
    • Sherlock
    • Disney/Pixar
    • Gravity Falls
    • Legend of Zelda
    • Hunger Games
    • Pretty much any Broadway Musical
    • Divergent
    • Infinity Blade
    • Mario
    • Lord of the Rings
    • I'm not really in any other fandoms besides Cosmere. . .
    • What the heck is a fandom???
    • Other (and how dare you not include it!)

Here is topic to talk about various fandoms, which one is superior, and to possibly try to convert people to the one you belong in. I have no clue about the percentages of this thing and would love to here from all of you!

Sorry if there is topics on this already, we obviously needed another one.

Edited by The Honor Spren

Whovians, Sherlock, and Star Wars for TV/movies. Halo, Battlefront and Assassins Creed for video games. Cosmere (obviously), LoTR, Gentlemen Bastards, Kingkiller Chronicles, Demon War Cycle, Codex Alera, Obsidian Mountain, Harry Potter and Percy Jackson (basically just fantasy in general) for books.

Well, I'm a part of the fandom for My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.

...But seriously, while there are other things I like -like Doctor Who or DC Comics- MLP and Cosmere are the only fandoms I'm... somewhat active in? I review stories on FiMFiction, and I post here occasionally, so...

*deep breath*

I'm a Whovian, Sherlockian (Cumbercookie?), Wizard, Brony, Demigod, and (hehehehe) Fan of the Cosmere. 

But I'm probably mostly a Brony (because you know I'm a 17 year old girl in high school. Why not waste my brain away on beautiful pony stuff?) Being a Brony is epic :D

*deep breath*

I'm a Whovian, Sherlockian (Cumbercookie?), Wizard, Brony, Demigod, and (hehehehe) Fan of the Cosmere. 

But I'm probably mostly a Brony (because you know I'm a 17 year old girl in high school. Why not waste my brain away on beautiful pony stuff?) Being a Brony is epic :D

Are you still considered a Brony if you are a female fan of MLP?  :huh:

I've seen the term Pegasister used, but all the female FiM fans I know prefer to just be called Bronies. One of them actually finds the term Pegasister annoying. 

Did you remember to make a suitable sacrifice to the Forum Gods?

Oh dear, I suppose I didn't. I do hope I am not burnt at the stake for commiting such a heinous act of heresy.

So I could ask my Lord Google this question but I would rather not waste it's time. What exactly is a fandom?

Basically a fandom is a group of geeks who are all fans of the same thing. Some of them are: Harry Potter, Dr Who, My Little Pony, Legend of Zelda, Infinity Blade, Gravity Falls, Hunger Games, Divergent. . . The list goes on and on. :)

Edit: yay I just got away with an even bigger act of heresy. And now it's a poll! :D

Edited by The Honor Spren

Tolkien first and foremost (how is that not on the poll xD), Doctor Who, Marvel (movies and Agents of SHIELD), Percy Jackson, Star Trek (original series), Narnia, Artemis Fowl, Mysterious Benedict Society (is that a fandom?), Studio C, and Blimey Cow. *nods* =) I'll add more if I think of them.

I just didn't. Especially since LotR wasn't on there and that was the one I would've gone for. =D Buck the system and don't vote! 

Yay for bucking the system! :P

Of the fandoms listed, I'm with….

• Doctor Who
  • Harry Potter 
  • My Little Pony 
  • Disney/Pixar
  • Gravity Falls (new episode next week WOOT!) 
  • Cosmere
  • Reckoners (WHICH IS NOT COSMERE) 
  • and pugs. What, they're not a fandom? Well, they should be. 
Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Well, there is the term Pegasister for female fans, but being a Brony isn't just for guys. I USED to be a Pegasister, when I used to watch MLP maybe once a while, I knew the names, you know, just the basic stuff. But being Brony means that you just don't WATCH MLP, you LIVE MLP. Bronies are hardcore pony-lovers. Not just for guys. 

(Besides, I refer to girls as 'bro' anyway. So yknow xD)

Wait a second. I made this thing a poll! Why didn't it work?!

Oh dear, I suppose I didn't. I do hope I am not burnt at the stake for commiting such a heinous act of heresy.

Edit: yay I just got away with an even bigger act of heresy. And now it's a poll! :D

BWAHAHAHAHA!  Just remember: the longer it takes the fire to catch you, the bigger it will be.  All of California is on fire right now.  And that's just the beginning, as I'm hearing about outbreaks just about everywhere.  They're eager to find you and give you a hug!  :)

I have to pick one?

:mellow:

I don't know if I can do this, guys. 

The way it's set up, you can pick them all.  Pretend it's a Pokemon.

On topic, the only fandom that I actively participate in these days is Cosmere.  Used to avidly be Star Trek and Star Wars, but the life and joy that I felt in both of those franchises dwindled as they were run into the ground.  I mean, I still enjoy them, but only casually and at a distance, ya know?

And while I quite like Dr. Who, I just have far too many problems with Moffat as executive producer (and maybe also head writer?  His Sherlock suffers too, and in many ways more) to stay invested beyond the casual consumer.  Which is sad, because he wrote a lot of my favorite episodes; I think that the role he is in requires different talents than the ones he so obviously possesses.  For instance, Blink is utterly amazing television/film of the absolute highest quality and caliber in every conceivable way.  You don't even need to have any knowledge about Dr. Who to watch and appreciate it, but if you do, then the experience is so much better.

I guess there's a difference between being in a fandom and enjoying something?

I like Sherlock; I like Star Wars; I like Gravity Falls. But I'm not "Into" them  the way I am Doctor Who, or My Little Pony or Cosmere.

I guess there's a difference between being in a fandom and enjoying something?

I like Sherlock; I like Star Wars; I like Gravity Falls. But I'm not "Into" them  the way I am Doctor Who, or My Little Pony or Cosmere.

I guess that's true, but looking at the list that only drops 2, leaving me with 8+Other.

Edited by Blaze1616