Fullmetal Alchemist vs the Cosmere

Quiver

So, I made my thoughts on the Goku thread clear; he's too powerful to be physically challenged by most of the Cosmere.

Fullmetal Alchemist, on the other (automail) hand is a different story; most of the characters are normal humans, with some exceptions (homunculi, mostly).

Still, I think that universe -with normal people whose strength comes from manipulating a magicscience system- is a better comparison to the strengths of the Cosmere.

So... The Fullmetalverse on one hand, the Cosmere on the other. How do they compare, and how do fights between their characters go down?

I think that the main characters( main warrior characters that is) from all of the major shardworlds could probably take most of the homunculi and the alchemists most of the time.

I think that for the most part FMA is outclassed by Cosmere.  Though, watching aon dor vs FMA would be amusing.  Especially when it turns more into a drawing war than actual combat.

Although, if an allomancer were to join forces, then that could prove fun.  Equivalent exchange could supply a decent amount of metals for "free."

Mustang would be fun to watch.  I'm curious if someone using enough stormlight could out freeze a flame alchemist. :D

Otherwise, I think that a more interesting matchup would be the Hunter x Hunter universe.  The

Nen system provides enough diversity for interesting combat. In particular, if we generalized Knuckle's APR to include investiture, that could prove quite deadly. Killua's speed would provide some characters trouble, especially with his assassin claws. Gon would probably die fast. I don't want to think of how Netero/Mereum would interact with TLR. That'd be amusing.

would make for some interesting combat in my opinion.

Edited by pi_rho_man

Oh gosh........Netero or Mereum vs TLR? First of all that would increase the length of that fight for another 20 episodes :P;)  You're right though, HxH/cosmere crossover would be very very interesting. aaaaaaaaaaaand Peter is a fan of HxH :D

Jasnah and Ed having a transmutation contest... she's got something of an advantage in speed, I think, but he can transmute more things.

Or for that matter, Jasnah and Ed trying to out-research each other. Obviously this would start with them both trying to collaborate to research the same thing but being entirely unable to agree on how to go about researching. Lots of screaming from him, lots of snark from her, both channeling their rage into the most INTENSE RESEARCH EVER.

I honestly think they're pretty even for the most part, at least in raw power, when it comes to specific counters that's a different matter, Ed would be screwed against Vin not because she's hugely more powerful but because of his automail, on the other hand she doesn't have the raw firepower to kill a Homunculi in any reasonable span of time. In close quarters Ed would have the advantage, he may not have pewter but people in Amestris pull of physical feats like smashing stone with their bare hands often enough that you wouldn't know it.  :D

That said most of the 'good guys' would have a lot in common, a shared scholarly interest in science based magic systems, a three part body-mind-soul model of the universe, themes of godhood, power derived form mysterious beings named after concepts like Preservation, Honor or...Truth?  ;) It almost feels like Amestris is already in the Cosmere.

*crossover planning intensifies*

Jasnah and Ed having a transmutation contest... she's got something of an advantage in speed, I think, but he can transmute more things.

Or for that matter, Jasnah and Ed trying to out-research each other. Obviously this would start with them both trying to collaborate to research the same thing but being entirely unable to agree on how to go about researching. Lots of screaming from him, lots of snark from her, both channeling their rage into the most INTENSE RESEARCH EVER.

Better yet, combine Soulcasting and Alchemy, one to transmute the material, the other the shape. Though actually they'd probably get on quite well past the initial culture shock, they have some fairly similar views on religion, morality and scholarship.

Edited by VindicationKnight

• 4 weeks later...

Depends on how many ultrasonic punches to the face it would take to deplete his stupidly large number of lives?

Nah, just give TLR the Well of Ascension, he can turn Father into a mist wraith immediately. :P

Depends on how many ultrasonic punches to the face it would take to deplete his stupidly large number of lives?

Depends on whether its regular Father or GodFather, GodFather has an omnidirectional forcefield that disintegrates matter, can perform nuclear fusion with his mind, and survive doing so.

Father: I didn't want to destroy this place...but I suppose I can recreate it later.

Hoenheim: ... W-wait that's a...

Father: Ah, so you recognise it. Now that I am one with God...I can create world's in the palm of my hand.

Hoenheim: A sun...Nuclear fusion!

Father: Disappear from my sight...Alchemists.

A few pages during which Hoho removed the 50 million Amestrian souls leaving Father with only the Xerxian ones-numbering approx half a million.

Father in a thought bubble: Hm... Releasing this now is too risky

Snuffs it out. 

From volume 26 Chapter 105 The Throne of God. The Viz Media official translation.

He can also control the weather, rip out souls, fire energy beams that destroy most of a Central Command and more.

He could probably beat Rashek in that form, unless of course Rashek has the Well. :)

Edited by VindicationKnight

Should we even use his name?

Killing TLR outright would be difficult too though, with how fast he is. Protecting the brain and goldmind would have to be top priority of course, but GodFather would probably need to nuke the city at once to manage. Assuming TLR doesn't just push himself out of range with duralumin coupled with his already superpowered allomancy.

GodFather would need to nuke the planet at once. He'll then need to recreate it before he loses too many souls regenerating from the vacuum I guess? How much would that even take O_O

That was a pretty nice scene tbh. The anime even went biblical with the commercial break eyecatches saying Our Father instead of just Father.

Should we even use his name?

Killing TLR outright would be difficult too though, with how fast he is. Protecting the brain and goldmind would have to be top priority of course, but GodFather would probably need to nuke the city at once to manage. Assuming TLR doesn't just push himself out of range with duralumin coupled with his already superpowered allomancy.

GodFather would need to nuke the planet at once. He'll then need to recreate it before he loses too many souls regenerating from the vacuum I guess? How much would that even take O_O

That was a pretty nice scene tbh. The anime even went biblical with the commercial break eyecatches saying Our Father instead of just Father.

Opps, probably shouldn't have used his name you're right.

True, both of them are a right pain in the arse to kill, I'm not sure if LR could out run a nuclear explosion, he still has to deal with friction and air resistance to some extent...We might have to see more of what the upper levels of compounding can do to know for sure.

That said if Father would struggle to put down the Lord Ruler the same is true in reverse. GodFather's shield could competley ignore multiple barrages of WW2-equivilant artillery fire untill his 'batteries ran low', and if his internal monolouge is to be belived then his full 50 million soul powered version could shrug of his own nuke attack at point blank range. And that's before you actually reach his own regenerative capabilities.

The only reason they stood a chance in the show was because Hoenheim stripped away the majority of his power source and then held of his intial attacks long enough for him to run low on batteries.

Really the best weapon for killing him would be something like Nightblood or a Shardblade, so long the person wielding it could get close enough to stab him in the Philosopher's Stone.

Who ever wins the innocent bystanders lose.  :lol: This is a fight to watch from some distance away I think...

I loved the little touches like that. It seems like the sort of thing Brandon would do.

• Chaos locked this topic