Hello fellow Sanderson fans

SingTheSorrow

Figured I'd sign up for the community since I find myself coming here often to make sense of all the twists and turns in the Stormlight Archive series! I bought WoK less than 2 months ago and have already finished it and WoR. SO amazing! I cannot stop thinking about them and now the agonizing wait for the next book begins :( In the meantime I've picked up Elantris, Warbreaker and the first Mistborn book. Looking forward to more from Sanderson and his Cosmere!

Thank you! Love the quote you've got there from WoR. As I've only finished the two Stormlight books so far I don't have many of Sanderson's boooks to chose from. But overall I'd say I liked WoK slightly more than WoR although both were phenomenal. I'm very excited to read Sanderson's other works now and have started Elantris!

Don't know if this is the appropriate spot for this question but as I am new please bear with my unfortunate ignorance: what is the purpose/meaning of the # and word under each member's name and picture? Mine originally said # spren, now it says # skaa. Im not asking what spren/skaa mean but what the various numbers and words mean to this site.

Cheers!

Don't know if this is the appropriate spot for this question but as I am new please bear with my unfortunate ignorance: what is the purpose/meaning of the # and word under each member's name and picture? Mine originally said # spren, now it says # skaa. Im not asking what spren/skaa mean but what the various numbers and words mean to this site.

Cheers!

That's the reputation system- a lot of people just call it rep. It's the number of upvotes you have total. (Upvotes are the little arrows at the corner of every post- you upvote a post if you like it, downvote it if something was offensive or rude.) The words are just silly things that match where your rep is now- having just a few upvotes makes you a skaa, a few more and you're a spearman, etc. It goes all the way up to 10,000+, which is God Beyond. Only a couple people are up there.

Welcome to the Shard! Hope to see you around!  ;) Feel free to ask if you have any more questions!

Edited by mistrunner

That's the reputation system- a lot of people just call it rep. It's the number of upvotes you have total. (Upvotes are the little arrows at the corner of every post- you upvote a post if you like it, downvote it if something was offensive or rude.) The words are just silly things that match where your rep is now- having just a few upvotes makes you a skaa, a few more and you're a spearman, etc. It goes all the way up to 10,000+, which is God Beyond. Only a couple people are up there.

Welcome to the Shard! Hope to see you around!  ;) Feel free to ask if you have any more questions!

Thanks! I figured it was some sort of rep system, just wasn't completely sure how it worked. I'll definitely be around, gotta do something g to stay occupied while waiting for the next Stormlight book! Not to mention try to understand everything I've already read in WoK and WoR :)

I Welcome you to the forums!!! Congratulations! By joining this site you are now officially lost in the Cosmere! Kings to you!

Indeed! I came initially to make sense of the awesome craziness that has been the Stormlight Archive and ended up jumping down the rabbit hole(aka discovering the Cosmere). Made me think even harder as I finished WoR and gave me even more motivation to read Sanderson's other works. Cheers!