You think there'll ever be anthology books? and what about a self-study book?

kroen

For example, there can be a book that's comprised of a collection of all Brandon's short stories.

Maybe even all of Alcatraz books in another volume (they're short enough that I believe it's possible).

Also, I've seen some of Brandon's lectures on writing and read his 3 magic laws, and I think it'll be awesome if they'll be collected into a book to help people write. What do you think?

I don't have specific quotes/references for this, but here's some info:

Brandon has at least thought about releasing a short story collection at some point in the future. He has said that if and when he does that, he would like to include at least one story brand new to the anthology. There's also a couple "convention exclusives" that feature two short stories in one volume. Firstborn and Defending Elysium are available now on his website, and Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell and Perfect State are bundled as another book. This one is still currently a convention exclusive, but there should be copies up on his website once convention season is over.

Alcatraz has the first four books published in a single anthology edition, published in the UK. If you're interested, you might be able to track one down online somewhere, but I believe that he also plans to release a second anthology with all five books in it, sometime after the fifth book is actually published.

You might also be interested in Shadows Beneath, a collection put together with the Writing Excuses podcast team, that has 4 short stories, and includes early drafts, notes, brainstorming sessions, etc. that help you see the process of four different writers for creating a short story. This is also available on his website. Not exactly what you were asking about, but it's as close as you can get at the moment.

• Chaos locked this topic