odd ending or flawed copy?

blank page

So I finished the way of Kings today ~ or I thin I maybe did ... the ending ist very VERY odd and I am not sure I might just have gotten a uncompleted book by amazon. It ends in chapter 72 (page 1228) jsut when Dalinar and kaladin started talking (last sentecefragment being:""I spoke with my officers" Dalinar grimaced "The ones who survived. They said that you gave order to them, took"" and thats were it ends, in the middle of a sentence ~ its the very last page before the backcover, there is comment by the author or notes of thanks or anything .... 

Is that how the book is supposed to end? Because I dont see the point in that -.-"

If it is not the end, how much do I acctually miss? Does it seem importan what comes after?

It couldnt be more than 20~pages since amazon says the book has 1250~ pages

thanks in advance for your help :3

No, that's not the end. The last chapter is a Wit chapter actually. What comes after is fairly important I think, if you care about Wit and maybe Shallan (I think she might have a chapter after that).

Remember the words of Alcatraz: Summaries ruin everything. I mean, one of the greatest epics sounds pretty lame when you say "A furry-footed guy throws his uncle's ring in a hole", so this crappy summary of the last chapter should only be read a s a last resort. Like, last resort.

You have been warned.

You missed, at the barest minimum, Wit (Hoid) waiting around in a guard tower for something, which confuses the guards. Taln, the Radiant who was abandoned arrives and dies on the floor, and Wit says something about how he's too late.

Yup, summaries ruin it all.

Somebody with a book will likely fill you in on the rest that you missed.

You missed what's probably the most important reveal in the entire book

Dalinar has another vision...

NO I'M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU :D

as well as some scenes that get talked a lot about in theories. Hurry out and return that book for a copy that isn't missing the end! If you ever do rereads, you'll want to reread the last chapters.

Edited by Morsk

No, that's not the end. The last chapter is a Wit chapter actually. What comes after is fairly important I think, if you care about Wit and maybe Shallan (I think she might have a chapter after that).

Remember the words of Alcatraz: Summaries ruin everything. I mean, one of the greatest epics sounds pretty lame when you say "A furry-footed guy throws his uncle's ring in a hole", so this crappy summary of the last chapter should only be read a s a last resort. Like, last resort.

You have been warned.

You missed, at the barest minimum, Wit (Hoid) waiting around in a guard tower for something, which confuses the guards. Taln, the Radiant who was abandoned arrives and dies on the floor, and Wit says something about how he's too late.

Yup, summaries ruin it all.

Somebody with a book will likely fill you in on the rest that you missed.

Taln didn't die. We know from the Prelude that Honorblades disappear upon death, and his didn't.

Return your book to Amazon as a defective copy and ask for a replacement. They should do this for free.

wish that I could, but that won't e possible, as amazon.de (germany) does not sell the book itself (a great sin if you ask me) so I got it via amazon by a third party almost a year ago ~ 

I will just find someone else who ahs the book and when he falls asleep at night ... but no, better not leave proof of that here :) 

Thanks for the information everyone :3

wish that I could, but that won't e possible, as amazon.de (germany) does not sell the book itself (a great sin if you ask me) so I got it via amazon by a third party almost a year ago ~ 

I will just find someone else who ahs the book and when he falls asleep at night ... but no, better not leave proof of that here :)

Thanks for the information everyone :3

I bought all my BS-books at amazon.de but it's not that long ago (summer 2012). 

in english? They dont sell the paperback anymore, don't know if they sold it at some point

Yes, I bought TWoK, Mistborn Trilogy, Warbreaker and Elantris (all as paperbacks). But I see that you're right and there are some odd offers at amazon for that books. 

• Chaos locked this topic