I've been wanting to get it, but just from what i've been hearing, the game is super unoptomized at the moment, which is hampering the playability unless you have a super high end system. So i was planning on waiting until they get it into a more playable state for "middle of the road" systems.

Rubber banding is where you have your character run for a while, and they suddenly snap back a short distance. If you keep trying to run forward, the effect keeps going, making it look like you are tied to a piece of elastic/rubber and being snapped back and forth.

First time I saw this problem was in Star Wars Galaxies, because my computer and connection to the server couldn't keep up with the speed my character was running at. I was considering ARK, until I heard this comment about rubber banding. Now, I think I'll wait until I have a better PC.

Shame really, I think ARK sounds like loads of fun.

Rubber banding is where you have your character run for a while, and they suddenly snap back a short distance. If you keep trying to run forward, the effect keeps going, making it look like you are tied to a piece of elastic/rubber and being snapped back and forth.

First time I saw this problem was in Star Wars Galaxies, because my computer and connection to the server couldn't keep up with the speed my character was running at. I was considering ARK, until I heard this comment about rubber banding. Now, I think I'll wait until I have a better PC.

Shame really, I think ARK sounds like loads of fun.

It is indeed, it's poorly optimized but the devs are pretty active so I have hopes it'll see a lot of improvement. I just spent all night in the rain with my little torch feeding berries to a giant turtle while my pet triceratops insisted on pooing on my head. There is much fun to be had. :P

Alright, now this is just getting more and more tempting. I know it still needs to be optimized, which means it will probably run dreadfully on my PC, but taming baby dinosaurs!!!! Who doesn't want to do that?

Alright, now this is just getting more and more tempting. I know it still needs to be optimized, which means it will probably run dreadfully on my PC, but taming baby dinosaurs!!!! Who doesn't want to do that?

It is childishly fun to finally tame a Brontosaurus and walk around with it, shaking the earth with its footsteps as it meekly follows you.

In short: Definitely worth the money, would recommend. Also don't swim. Like ever. There are giant sharks that eat you every time.  <_<

It is childishly fun to finally tame a Brontosaurus and walk around with it, shaking the earth with its footsteps as it meekly follows you.

In short: Definitely worth the money, would recommend. Also don't swim. Like ever. There are giant sharks that eat you every time.  <_<

So I saw when I read a Steam review of the game. Apparently some guy found a small settlement, knocked everyone unconscious, then fed them all to the sharks.

Ok, I gave in to temptation and bought this in the summer sale today. Now I just need to get through the rest of my work day, so I can go home and start taming dinosaurs :)

Hey Voidus, any advice for a new player, besides 'Don't go swimming'?

Ok, I gave in to temptation and bought this in the summer sale today. Now I just need to get through the rest of my work day, so I can go home and start taming dinosaurs :)

Hey Voidus, any advice for a new player, besides 'Don't go swimming'?

Get a trike asap, speeds up berry gathering heaps.

I got this on friday. I spent quite a bit of time at the weekend trying to reconfigure it to make it playable, and I nearly succeeded. I might try it on one of the low memory modes, to see if that helps.