Lighteyes or Darkeyes?

Slowswift

Light or Dark Eyes  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Lighteyed or Darkeyed?

So, the whole light/darkeyes thing is fascinating to me. I've always wondered what drew the line. Do your eyes have to be extremely light, or just a bright color? How dark do your eyes have to be to be considered darkeyed?

And how do the genetics work? Is it the same as here on earth, or different? I've noticed that people have light yellow or violet eyes on Roshar.

...anyways, what about you? Are you darkeyed or lighteyed?

In Roshar eyes only seem to come in "almost black" and "gemstone light" varieties, so I guess people with intermediary colors just plain don't fit in the vorin social system, and if a number of them appeared the ardents would start a assembly to decide their position.

Edited by CognitivePulsePattern

Lighteyed right now, but that could change tomorrow.

As for how Lighteyed vs Darkeyed works? My feeling is that all Rosharan's are DNA-Darkeyed, and the Lighteyed trait is an sDNA alteration caused by Spren that is Hereditary.

I am colourblind so I pretty much base the colour of my eyes on what people tell me, which is that I have pale blue/green/grey eyes... which from what I can see think that I would be a lighteyes 

When I asked my Darkeyed friend what he thought about WoK the conversation went a little like this

"There's only one reason I wouldn't want to live on Roshar"

"What's that?"

"It's a reason that you wouldn't mind so much... because you are a lighteyes" 

Edited by Zaci-chan

My eyes are light blue with a very nice ring of green close to the center, so I would definitely be a lighteyes. They may not be super bright, but they're still the right colors and somewhat bright, especially with the right tie on.

Wellll...

In WoR, it's said that light brown (tan) eyes are considered light, but what about very dark blue eyes? That's what mine are. Very dark blue, though some people say they're green in certain lighting. So, no idea.  :P

Except, as I said before, Roshar doens't have any eye color that isn't almost black or gemstone light, so you would be a worldhopper without an disguise.

My eyes are hazel, with more green than brown, so I would need eyedrops to go unnoticed.

Miserable fakes taking advantage of their social station... :P My eyes are so dark that you can barely see the pupil... very very very dark brown. But, of course. that changes when I summon my Shardfork whenever I eat chouta... ;)