Greetings from a Lighteyes

Varyn

Greetings all. It is a great pleasure for me to finally introduce myself; I've been around for some time, admiring the forums and Sanderson's masterpieces for a while, but I've never before made an account. I just hope that my time here is as great as it seems to be for all of you that have been here from the very start.

Thanks all, for reading, and I hope to see you around here soon.

Greetings! Welcome to the forums!

Have an upvote!

What have you read of the great Sanderson?

Thank you for the warm welcome! It shows the greatness of this community.

Of Sanderson, I've read Elantris, The Emperor's Soul, Warbreaker, the Mistborn Trilogy, The Way of Kings, and Words of Radiance, just now awaiting the third Stormlight book :) - I might soon also want to try the Reckoners series; if you've read it, is it as good as his other works?

I thought Steelheart was a little predictable, but Firefight was awesome. You can't go wrong with Brandon Sanderson

Well, that final sentences is entirely true :) In future, I will try and get my hands on a copy of the books and read them. Thanks, Mckeedee123.

Honestly, I didn't like them nearly as much as the Cosmere books. Of course, excellent they still were, but I feel like they didn't have the same quality of writing as I've come to expect from Sanderson.

What is your favorite book or character so far?

Honestly, I didn't like them nearly as much as the Cosmere books. Of course, excellent they still were, but I feel like they didn't have the same quality of writing as I've come to expect from Sanderson.

Thanks for the insight. I'll still probably check it out, since it's Sanderson nevertheless.

I'd have to say that The Final Empire - the first Mistborn book - was my favourite, simply because it was the first time I read a Brandon Sanderson novel. As for favourite character across the Cosmere, I would have to say Kaladin from SA,followed by Vasher in Warbreaker. What are your favourites?

Edited by Varyn

Welcome!

Yeah, I agree that Warbreaker works really well as an intro novel. Great for dragging other people into the Sanderfandom.  ;)

Before it's too late, I should warn you to apply a metal detector to any cookies that you may be offered.  :lol: But if you've been lurking, you likely knew that already.

Yesterday, I read both Steelheart and Firefight; I actually thought they were quite good, though I can see what you mean. They didn't feel as though it was Sanderson, except for the Magic System of the Epics, but it was still an enjoyable read, and it's directed at my age group, anyway, so I can't expect it to be on par with his other, more developed works.

Welcome to the forums!

If you enjoyed the Reckoners series you might be interested in the RP we host in the Roleplay subforum, much insanity is to be had.

Can I offer you a welcome cookie?

Oh, sounds good. I'll check it out, for sure. And certainly, I'll take the cookie, though I may have to take Colours' advice and use a metal detector on it ;)