Hi I'm new, so...sparks! Tia Theory!

WayneSpren

So...Hi.

Anyway, I was wondering what calamity was. It's not a shard because it's not part of the Cosmere, so is it just the first Epic, (who is a super-powerful Gifter) or something different?

In Firefight, Tia is revealed to be a rocket scientist at NASA, (Prof and his friends take a field trip there)

After, Prof and his two friends are revealed to be Epics.

This raises two questions. One, is this a coincidence? Two, if it's not, why isn't Tia an Epic? Or is she?

Anyway, I think that NASA is connected to it somehow. Did they create Calamity? Find it in space? Open a wormhole?

(Question 3: Is Calamity Darth Vader?) :)

Edited by WayneSlider123

Pffft. Obviously not. Darth Vader is Prof. Calamity is obviously Darth Sidious. He's experimenting with a more powerful kind of midichlorian manipulation and is using fearful humans as guinea pigs.

Remember what Yoda always said: "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to Rending."

Oh, and welcome to the 17th Shard! :D

Edited by skaa

So...Hi.

Anyway, I was wondering what calamity was. It's not a shard because it's not part of the Cosmere, so is it just the first Epic, (who is a super-powerful Gifter) or something different?

In Firefight, Tia is revealed to be a rocket scientist at NASA, (Prof and his friends take a field trip there)

This raises two questions. One, is this a coincidence? Two, if it's not, why isn't Tia an Epic? Or is she?

Anyway, I think that NASA is connected to it somehow. Did they create Calamity? Find it in space? Open a wormhole?

Hey, welcome to the 17th Shard! I'm guessing that you're favorite Sanderson series is the Reckoners? You should check out our theories and RP's over there! And in answer to your question, I support the theory that Calamity is a stick.  :P  ;)

So...Hi.

Welcome! If you like writing and would like to participate in a Roleplay in the Reckonersverse, head over to the Question thread in the Reckoners RPG subforum of the Role-Playing area. :)

Hey- I was just rereading Firefight today and thought about that! If others think so, it must be true...

Welcome to the 17th Shard, a madhouse of loons! If we haven't scared you off yet, you should check out the guilds and RPG forums. They're cool, if a bit scary.

Actually, my favorite series is Mistborn by far, but I'm just starting stormlight....so that might change soon. :)

Edit (after reading half of The Way of Kings):

Yep. It's changed.

Edited by WayneSlider123

• 1 month later...