The Announcer

Oudeis

When everyone assumed Vin was the Hero of Ages, Sazed seem natural as the Announcer. I personally can think of two possibilities, and one that I think is actually meant to be the Announcer, but I'd like to hear the group's input first.

As far as I can tell, no-one ever suspected who would finally become the Hero of Ages and it wasn't announced to anyone at all.

I believe the Announcer is a fabrication introduced to the prophecy by Ruin. There probably was someone who 'announced' the Hero (in the prophecy), but there importance could well have been artificially increased over time to encourage the arrival of the Hero. Kwaan actually mentions that the idea of being such an important person is part of the reason he decided that Alendi was the Hero and without this incentive, he might have fought less strongly for his recognition.

Just curious, what was your idea?

Simply that it was Spook. He got the personal note from Sazed, and was presumably the one to tell the rest of humanity, "Hey guys! Sazed is God, now." Not a particularly spectacular or dramatic Announcer, but one nevertheless.

But I guess now he's just, the guy who first got to a book.

• Chaos locked this topic