Speed Bubble Time to Real Time Ratio?

Trickonometry

Anybody have an idea as to how much time passes in a Bendalloy Bubble versus Real Time and how much time passes in a Cadmium Bubble versus Real Time?

This is definitely looking to future books, but wouldn't someone with Cadmium be perfect for space travel, as large amounts of time could pass around them while they were within their bubble? Give them enough food and cadmium and there is no reason they couldn't stretch time for their self and their crew to get them to where they need to go. Thoughts?

Also, this is my first post; I'm excited to join the convos here!

The Bendalloy ratio is 2 minutes=15 seconds so around 8x I guess, flaring rates would differ but not really enough to speculate on. However we do have confirmation that bubbles stack I believe so the compression rate is a bit irrelevant if you have enough Sliders/Pulsers. On space travel we know that Allomancy has FTL travel built into it so I doubt it would come up much, except very early space travel, and as far as we know there is no way to get a time bubble to move with you, it stays stationary relative to the earth so you'd need to get around that one.

Oh and welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy all our awesome conversations and whacky theories :P oh and watch out for the admins, they like to spike people give people cookies <_<

Pulsers have a larger area of effect and lower consumption but less extreme time gradient than Sliders, though I think x8 for Sliders is a severe underestimate for the high-end given how Wayne basically freezes time for a good deal longer than eight seconds on multiple occasions.

Anyway, the big question is whether burning cadnium to slow time for the crew would slow the vessel relative to normal time. Essentially, if the Pulsers made four outside years into one inside year, would that mean they'd complete a four-year journey outside in one apparent year, or would they complete the journey in sixteen outside years and four apparent years?

From what I can gather from Brandon quotes and some earlier discussions, Allomantic FTL works via cheating with bubble exits, because leaving or entering a bubble actually alters kinetic energy.

• Chaos locked this topic