Push and pull question

Mailliw73

Yep, Zane specifically pulls this trick off. He hides a coin in his mouth to give himself something to Push or Pull on to prevent himself from falling, and I'm completely at a loss as to how that works, so I may be misremembering something else that was going on. My books are MIA at the moment.

Yep, Zane specifically pulls this trick off. He hides a coin in his mouth to give himself something to Push or Pull on to prevent himself from falling, and I'm completely at a loss as to how that works, so I may be misremembering something else that was going on. My books are MIA at the moment.

He hides the coin to prevent it being pushed or pulled away, and to give him an edge. In a Mistborn battle, having a coin that can't be pushed or pulled on until you want it to happen is a huge advantage.

Others have been saying this, but I wished to clarify it. Zane's trick was to keep the coin in reserve in his mouth. When he actually pushed and pulled on it, it was outside him. Basically, it was another Mistborn trick, a clever one. Your opponent thinks you don't have any metal left and can't follow you? Guess what...

• 3 weeks later...

Short answer: No

Longer answer: You can't push on metals inside yourself for two reasons

One: Steel and Iron are external metals, not internal

Two: The reason it's really difficult to push on metals in a body is because the body's investure screws up your magical changes. Your body has investure too, and therefore will resist the magic being used on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Most couldn't, but in theory a very strong steel or iron pusher who could do some cognitive mind trickery to convince himself that his arm wasn't part of him could.

This is a cognitive magic of the sort that the guy who looked for alespren in way of kings did, or the forger did in TES. We don't know exactly how it would work.

• Chaos locked this topic