Alloy of Law era Mistborn rp [Planning+Characters]

Kestrel

• 4 weeks later...

Resurrect it..... in a fire!

It seemed from my perspective that the plot was moving forward to a meeting in the inn where people could form alliances and enemy-ances(???), then life happened and people waited for other people who were waiting for them. The plot is still good, we just need a leader figure to pop in for both sides of the conflict, or at least have a 'bad guy' action in mind. It's hard to discover the story as a character while depending on a villain to make trouble when that villain isn't controlled by another person. I feel like if I, for example, were to take up the role of playing Jon the Mistborn, I would be intruding on someone else's idea and might play it against their original ideas. I imagine that people are stuck in a rut of either waiting for the bad guy to make his move, waiting for a clear goal, waiting for people to arrive so a clear goal can be given, or unsure if they will upset people by taking action.

I'll be open and say I'm willing to fill any role where needed, though my weekdays' activity may be limited. If you need a villain, give me a premise and I will create a secret plan for you to fight and figure out. If you want to be the villain, I'll gladly fight you, or aid you as needed. I don't have a permanent character, so I don't care if my characters die or live.

For those of you who are attached to your characters, here's a chance to tell us what you are expecting and what roles you want your character to fill. I know it's fun to be mysterious, but in order to make sure nobody is caught in a situation they weren't aiming for, give us a clue to work off. With a knowledge of what you hope to acheive and what things you don't mind being surprised about, the different parts can be fit together into an exciting plot and molded to bring out the best in everyone. It won't be perfect, but knowing what tools we have to work with will allow us to tailor the story so those tools have jobs to make an impact on it all.

Also excited for it! Actually, I think it was about my turn for a post, so I'll go ahead and do one, unless someone else wants to do one first?

Please ignore the post up now, apparently tab + space posts or something? I'll just finish it then...

Edited by phattemer

To be quite honest, I have no idea where this is exactly going, that's why I was holding off a bit on posting. Hm. Yeah I'll go into the tavern. They are being chased though so expect a fight/whatever you guys planned to be haulted.

Hello!

Is this still open for newcomers? If so I'll be Citona Vinid, a cadmium compounder. (Allomantic cadmium, Feruchemical cadmium) I know you said no twinborn, but neither are particularly powerful together or alone so I thought it might be okay.

Edited by Shallan

Welcome! Its a bit dead right now but we're trying, so you can join.

I will have to say no to the Twinborn compounder, mainly because I decided a while back no compounders (even if they aren't strong, its just easier to say no altogether rather than listing ones people can be) and we already have too many Twinborn to be statistically accurate with the book.

• 5 weeks later...

sorry this took so long I've been traveling n such, with unreliable wifi and persistent writer's block. and then I finally sat down to write it and got distracted reading wayne/marasi fanfiction what

Unodus, if you think Kherstor would have reacted differently to Finner, lmk. It's not that big of a deal to rewrite. c: