All Shards

Your powers of speculation are astounding. Maybe there's even a world-jumping character present in all the books as well?

Apparently this thread wasn't a joke, and my playing along was taken as me being rude. Terribly sorry to all offended.

Edited by Observer

Your powers of speculation are astounding. Maybe there's even a world-jumping character present in all the books as well?

Observer, I know you probably didn't mean for it to sound this way, but this comment comes off as pretty rude. We're all learning here, and Stroniax hasn't been on 17th Shard for long. Perhaps the best way to do this would have been to actually explain what we know to him?

I've only read TWOK and Warbreaker. Which don't explain the origin of the cosmere much at all, and don't talk about the Shards except Odium and Honor, and doesn't call them Shards.

No biggie dude, it's not something that's easy to catch. If you remember a certain conversation that Hoid (aka Wit) had with Dalinar at one of Elhokar's parties. Hoid mentions something called Adonalsium and Dalinar doesn't know what it is. (It's a quick event so if you don't remember it, don't worry, neither did I) Adonalsium is basically this supershard you're referring to, although it's probable that it's a tad more complex then that. Honor, Cultivation, (She was only mentioned once in TWoK) Odium, and Endowment (Warbreaker Shard) are all technically referred to as Shards of Adonalsium. Long ago in the cosmere, Adonalsium Shattered just like you said, for some unknown reason. (Hoid was there) It broke in 16 pieces, which are the Shards we all know and love now. Does that make sense? You'll see more of this in Mistborn and Elantris when you get to reading them as well. You can always swing by the chatroom and I can practically guarantee that myself or someone else knowledgeable will be on, who would love to answer any questions you might have and discuss it all with you. Hope to see you there! :D

I've only read TWOK and Warbreaker. Which don't explain the origin of the cosmere much at all, and don't talk about the Shards except Odium and Honor, and doesn't call them Shards.

If you want to read up on the shards, Adonalsium etc. go to the coppermind, its a wiki for the universe where a lot of Brandon's books take place. At the moment, you're at a disadvantage to most of the people on the forums so its all great stuff to know.

Observer, I know you probably didn't mean for it to sound this way, but this comment comes off as pretty rude. We're all learning here, and Stroniax hasn't been on 17th Shard for long. Perhaps the best way to do this would have been to actually explain what we know to him?

Sorry, I thought it was a troll thread :/

Edited by Observer

• Chaos locked this topic