*insert Newbie Topic Title Here*

Honor's Radiance

Greetings, Sanderson fans!

My name is Honor's Radiance. It's been some time since I frequented a thriving forum community, and I have to say I miss it greatly. I look forward to meeting you all.

I suppose here is where I tell you about myself and how I came to enter the Sanderson fandom. A close friend of mine has a knack for book recommendations. Not an I-always-like-what-she-tells-me-to-read sort of knack, but more of a my-entire-worldview-and-life-purpose-are-refined-by-what-she-tells-me-to-read sort of knack. It happened once when she had me read Robin Hobb's Realm of the Elderlings books (Assassin's Apprentice and so on), and it happened again when she had me read The Stormlight Archive. People, these books are my soul. Like, if I had a spren and it wrote books, it would write these books, so much do they speak my soul. So I joined the forum.

I am an academic, a philologist, a warrior, a gymnast, an artist, and a musician with a penchant for puzzles, personality quizzes, wordplay, strategy games, and extensive lists of hobbies. I've a foot in the world of the Windrunners and a foot in the world of the Bondsmiths. I've a hunch which I truly belong with, but I won't commit myself until we learn a little more about the character of the various orders.

I suppose that's all for now.

Life before death, Radiants.

Welcome! So, since you're a philologist, I take it that you find the hints of language in the Stormlight Archive quite interesting, yes?

Welcome to the 17th shard!  And I wouldn't take that cookie... (thought it won't make any sense why not if you haven't read the Mistborn trilogy... just a little inside joke on the forum here).

There are other ways to make a not...quite safe cookie in the cosmere, too, you know...:P

Welcome! So, since you're a philologist, I take it that you find the hints of language in the Stormlight Archive quite interesting, yes?

Yes! It's very nicely done, the way there are just subtle hints of each language. And they're very accurate, linguistically (at least given the amount of linguistics I know). I was also interested in deciphering the codes and such, but I noticed people have already decoded Navani's writing and most of the glyphs. I'm particularly impressed by the people who've figured out the glyphs; the stylization of so many of them must have made that quite difficult.

Not yet, but as soon as I get through the next few books I'd planned to read, I'll start Warbreaker and then work my way through the rest of them.

Yes please. In fact, you could drop those all now, and just go ahead and start Warbreaker whenever.

#UnashamedWarbreakerFanboy.

Anywho... welcome. It sounds like, between everything else, you've got a pretty interesting background, so... nice to meet you, and I hope you enjoy the books. Especially Warbreaker.