This is a rough flow chart of what books Brandon has said he would like to create first. It's quite rough, and is subject to change as new information comes in. This is the order of series to be created according to Brandon during his last State of the Sanderson. Something tells me that some of the books like Nightblood won't be seeing the light of day for at least 7-8 years (mind you, that's compared to about 15 years for the average author, or 20 for Pat Rothfuss).

post-12805-0-82931300-1444524877_thumb.j

Kind of downheartening. Please note, I WILL be editing this as new information comes in, so hopefully it won't be as bad as it can appear.

A few quick notes:

A = Alcatraz Series

Edited by TheYoungBard

I love the idea!

Brandon is already working on Calamity, though, so you should put that up beside SA3. Actually, he's said he's going to finish Calamity before he writes SA3 this year, so it could actually even go above it.  My guess is that we'll see at least one more Mistborn "Era 2" book before SA4, as well.

What is Adamant?

The Lurker (now renamed Adamant)

I’ve finished a novella set in this science fiction world. For those who want more SF from me along the lines of my two novelettes, this should be coming someday. I don’t have time for revisions right now, but I plan to tinker with the story again next year sometime between Stormlight 3 drafts.

(source)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

New information. Source

First off: Calamity (the first draft of it, anyway) is done.

Second: Once Calamity Skybreaker (sorry, mistake on my part) is finished, he intends to work on either the Aztlanian (Rithmatist 2), or The Lost Metal (Mistborn 7).

These changes have been added to the chart.

Edited by TheYoungBard

Already writing Lost Metal and Shadows of Self isn't even out yet lol.

I'm pretty sure TheYoungBard just typoed on that.  His next project is Stormlight 3, once /that/ is finished he will be moving on to (preferably) The Aztlanian and then The Lost Metal.

And Zas is right about the 1980's Mistborn coming before the back five of Stormlight, Brandon has said that time and time again.  And Alcatraz is due out next May/June (since the re-releases will likely be starting in January at one per month).

Now introducing Flow Chart 2.0.

Sorry if it's a little illegible, I'll keep the first one up until I can increase the quality.

The second one shows approximately when we can expect certain books between now and 2020 to appear on shelves, as well as what Brandon is likely to be working on.

Please note, that while the Flow Chart of what has to go before what is all WoB, the times are approximations and the 'What Brandon's working on' section is a complete guess from about 2017.

Books expected to be released after 2020 I haven't shown approximate dates for, because it's just too hard to guess that far away in time.

Edited by TheYoungBard

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What is the source if the two Mystery Cosmere series?

His last State of the Sanderson.

Unsurprisingly, I have other projects in the back of my mind. For example, I have two more Cosmere series that will need to be written before we can get to the third “big” Mistborn trilogy. (The sf one.)

Technically, it's not confirmed. But let's face it. This is Brandon we're talking about here... It will probably be 3 books.

And that is completely fine by me. :D

EDIT: He usually mentions what his general plan is at signings. If any of you know something I don't, can you please post it up here so I can update this?

Edited by TheYoungBard

• 11 months later...
Just now, Shimmy said:

any new updates for this?  thanks young bard

I kind of forgot all about this. In Brandon's last State of the Sanderson, he posted an ETA for the Cosmere Books up to 2022, which is about the same distance I was prepared to speculate on, so I don't really have anything else to add. While the ETA's out slightly due to Stormlight 3 being delayed since then, in general that's still the most accurate source of information. The next State of the Sanderson (assuming he sticks to his regular pattern) will be up in a couple months, so if he doesn't give another ETA for the books I'll revive this to try and give it a go.

• Chaos locked this topic