Theory: The Stormlight Archive is collected by the Ghostbloods

ChullRider

So you know those three diamond shapes that appear between paragraphs sometimes(the symbol of the Ghostbloods)? And the endnotes that seem to be written by Ghostbloods hence (from The Way of Kings) "Joshor, Head of His Majesty's Silent Gatherers, Tanatanev, 1173." His majesty being Taravangian. Just a thought. Not actually sure if there's enough evidence (or even if this stuff is correct, seeing as they could be false conclusions and I have actually finished WoR :P ).

Edit: *Please reply if you have anything that contradicts or supports this theory. Thank you.

Edited by WeiryWriter
Please do not double post, use the edit feature

Well, I think most of the community is pretty sure that the Cosmere novels were fictionally "collected" by the 17th Shard, maybe Khriss. This is reinforced by Nazh's name on a lot of the maps and diagrams in some of the latest novels. That's not to say that the Ghostbloods are not connected somehow with the Shard, though. (Mraize seems like a worldhopper to me, specifically a Yolener)

Edited by mckeedee123

No the Ghostbloods and Mr.T are not on the same side, i think they are working to oppose each other. The way the Ghostbloods are trying to kill Amaram who is a member of the 'Sons of Honor' makes me think they are also working against them. Im not sure how the SOH and the Diagram group regard each other considering the strong Gavilar connection...

Mraize is from Thaylenah. (according to peter) 

I think it's possible he may be a Worldhopper under the guidance of Iyatil. 

What symbol between paragraphs are you talking about? The asterisks that denote a scene change?  Those are a pretty standard thing in books.

Also while this hasn't ever been confirmed I know somebody theorized that the three diamonds overlapped each other like this:

tumblr_n6njf6qZ091tth8sbo1_500.png

instead of just being three diamonds next to each other.  (don't remember what the thread was called though.

I think it is pretty safe to say that the Ghostbloods and Diagramists are not the same thing since Mraize makes some disparaging/dismissive comments about Taravangian at some point

@McKeeDee While Mraize has worldhopped (under close supervision by his babsk) he is from Thaylenah.

Shame on me.  :(

Yolenish, though, is an ethnicity which I assume Hoid and Felt share (they're described very similarly). I just looked at Mraize's photo on Coppermind, and he definitely does not look anything like them.

Edited by mckeedee123

Shame on me.  :(

Yolenish, though, is an ethnicity which I assume Hoid and Felt share (they're described very similarly). I just looked at Mraize's photo on Coppermind, and he definitely does not look anything like them.

Has anyone been able to positively confirm that Felt is a world hopper?  My very first post on coppermind was positing that they were actually the same person...I have later come to feel that it is more likely that they are not...and that Felt is simply a run of the mill worldhopper...but has anyone ever gotten a WoB on this?

(Mraize seems like a worldhopper to me, specifically a Yolener)

I think he's Thayalen. He describes Iyatil as his babisk, which is a Thayalen term. Peter said something about that IIRC. He does have a collection of invested items from other worlds though.

Iyatil on the other hand is confirmed to be a Worldhopper,

I still wonder about why his name would appear to be pronounced very close to Rayse.

I think he's Thayalen. He describes Iyatil as his babisk, which is a Thayalen term. Peter said something about that IIRC. He does have a collection of invested items from other worlds though.

It is confirmed by Peter. You do recall correctly. Mraize is from Thaylenah.

I still wonder about why his name would appear to be pronounced very close to Rayse.

Also Braize, at least as far as spelling goes. Rayse is on Braize and on Roshar there's a guy named Mraize...

Has anyone been able to positively confirm that Felt is a world hopper?  My very first post on coppermind was positing that they were actually the same person...I have later come to feel that it is more likely that they are not...and that Felt is simply a run of the mill worldhopper...but has anyone ever gotten a WoB on this?

I don't think it's confirmed by WOB, but it is a pretty safe assumption.  Felt isn't a common name and Brandon wouldn't let a repeat name slip by.

I don't think it's confirmed by WOB, but it is a pretty safe assumption.  Felt isn't a common name and Brandon wouldn't let a repeat name slip by.

I agree...I might actually be able to make it to one of his signings in the next couple of weeks...I think I might end up asking about Felt...just to get it from the horses mouth so to speak.  Anyone have any advice on how to work the question to get the most info with out getting RAFO'd?

I agree...I might actually be able to make it to one of his signings in the next couple of weeks...I think I might end up asking about Felt...just to get it from the horses mouth so to speak.  Anyone have any advice on how to work the question to get the most info with out getting RAFO'd?

"The Venture spy from Mistborn is named Felt. The scout who finds the Oathgate is named Felt. Same guy?"

"Did Shallan have help from a Worldhopper in finding the Oathgate at the end of WoR?"

"So, Felt, the Venture spy. Did he survive the Scadrian apocalypse?" (If he even remembers Felt, it's probably proof)

"So, the guy who finds the Oathgate in WoR is named Felt. How old is he?"

"So the Venture spy, Felt. Does he know any magic systems? If so, which ones?"

"The Venture spy from Mistborn is named Felt. The scout who finds the Oathgate is named Felt. Same guy?"

"Did Shallan have help from a Worldhopper in finding the Oathgate at the end of WoR?"

"So, Felt, the Venture spy. Did he survive the Scadrian apocalypse?" (If he even remembers Felt, it's probably proof)

"So, the guy who finds the Oathgate in WoR is named Felt. How old is he?"

"So the Venture spy, Felt. Does he know any magic systems? If so, which ones?"

Great ideas, I would ask about Felt's age or if Shallan had help from a world hopper in finding the oathgate at the end of WoR.

• Chaos locked this topic