Duralumin + Temporal metal = ?

hoidhunter

I would imagine it could potentially do two things. First, it could enhance the increase/decrease of time rate within the bubble, as Voidus has implied. The other possibility is it increases the size of the bubble. The first possibility falls more inline with the duralumin affects on the other metals, but I do not think we know for certain.

I would imagine it could potentially do two things. First, it could enhance the increase/decrease of time rate within the bubble, as Voidus has implied. The other possibility is it increases the size of the bubble. The first possibility falls more inline with the duralumin affects on the other metals, but I do not think we know for certain.

I agree, though we have some hints that increasing the size isn't out of the question.

Edited by Kurkistan

The problem with increasing the size without increasing the rate of temporal passage is that even if it affects a bigger area there'd be virtually no time to make use of that.

Who said it had to have a useful effect? By that logic the gnat mistings must be able to do something useful too, but I don't see that happening...

Also, a super-fast Bendalloy bubble doesn't seem that useful anyway: "Huzzah! I have used all my metal such that I passed 0.1 seconds while those outside only experienced 0.0001!!!"

Edited by Kurkistan

Who said it had to have a useful effect? By that logic the gnat mistings must be able to do something useful too, but I don't see that happening...

I'm sure there are ways for them to be useful too. Aluminium for example can be useful if you know what to do with it.

Also, a super-fast Bendalloy bubble doesn't seem that useful anyway: "Huzzah! I have used all my metal such that I passed 0.1 seconds while those outside only experienced 0.0001!!!"

Well potentially FTL travel from most theories :P

Well potentially FTL travel from most theories :P

Maybe. :P

My own theories actually rely on the bubbles getting bigger, though: I'm not sure how just making them an order or two of magnitude faster would help out.

Edited by Kurkistan

Well... in the case of a pulser...being able to generate a larger bubble AND greatly increase the rate of time compression would be fairly significant. (spoiler alert) In the case of the big fight at the end of AoL...Marasi succeeding in trapping Miles depended on Wax being able to kill all other baddies in the warehouse, because anyone else being outside the bubble would ruin the plan...but...if said bubble were large enough to encompass the entire warehouse and expanded time inside to a much higher ratio, the plan would have been drastically easier and less dangerous to pull off.  She swallows a whole LOT of cadmium, a pinch of duralumin, gets carried into the warehouse in a train car  (BLIP) cops are there.

I am also assuming that the amount of metal in your stomach varies the strength of the burst created by burning duralumin.  If you only have a tiny bit of cadmium, the duralumin burst will be barely noticeable...if you are filled to the brim with the stuff...you will be able to produce a greater effect.  Or am I mistaken in this assumption Oh Grand High Knowers of all things? (playfulness not sarcasm)

• Chaos locked this topic