Awesome, thanks!

I'll post the bios for two of my epics.  I have others in the back of my mind, but they aren't as rounded out yet.  

Lillian Razor, Epic Hunter

Lillian is an Epic Hunter for three reasons: (1) She hunts epics.  (2) She is an epic who hunts. (3) It is epic when she hunts.

Unlike others like Prof or Sightline, she isn't killing epics for altrustic reasons.  More on that later.  

Appearance:  Lillian is reflective, like a mirror.  Even her eyes and hair are reflective.  It's slightly unsettling until you are used to it.  

Power: Reflection (Passive).  She can reflect anything.  Lasers, heat attacks, and projectiles just bounce off.  Even abstract attacks like Deathpoint would be reflected.  

This power makes physics cry.  She can reflect cold attacks.  When someone punches her, the force that would go into her is reflected back into the fist.  Because there was already supposed to be an equal and opposite reaction, the force going back at the fist is twice what it should be.  When she punches something, double the force is applied and she feels nothing.  

Weakness:  This is too important to her character to withhold.  Her weakness is her son, Bobby Razor.  As every elementary school child knows, if you step on a crack, it will break your mother's back.  Soon after Calamity turned Lillian into the mirror epic, Bobby stepped onto a crack in the sidewalk.  Cracks appeared all up and down Lillian's back.  Any attack to Lillian's back would kill her.  

It took seven years for those cracks to heal.  Lillian isn't going to let that happen again.  Ever since that fateful day, Bobby has been strapped to a chair suspended five feet off the ground in the basement of the Razor home.  She does her best to give him a comfortable life.  Bobby has never lacked food, movies, books, or video games in his life.  But he also hasn't seen the sun, or talked to anyone besides his mother, in seven years.  

Lillian hunts epics because her powers are passive.  Someone has to attack her for her to feel like an Epic.  And Epics don't feel guilt.  

Blastaway, Agent of Chaos.  

Blastaway's default setting is unhappy.  Even before he became an Epic, nobody had ever seen him smile.  Then one day, he was surrounded by warm red light.  Something inside him changed, and he knew that there was something that could bring him peace: Chaos.

Appearance: He's something like 21 years old, he always has dark bags under his eyes, and his hair is light gray.  Imagine Nico from Percy Jackson and the Olympians, but older and with different hair. 

Power: Self-Destruction.  Blastaway can explode.  If he charges up for a larger explosion, he starts to glow red, then white.  

Passive power:  Resurrection.  Blastaway might be the most skilled resurrector in the world.  If he is concentrating pre-mortem, he can choose where he resurrects within a 4 mile radius.  If death sneaks up on him, the location of his resurrection is random.  When he resurrects, he does not suffer from confusion, memory loss, extra personalities, or increased craziness.  He just reverts to being extremely unhappy again.  It makes character growth a little bit difficult.  

Together he can use these powers as a very explody teleportation.  

They seems nice, although I have three questions and one problem (plot wise) about Razor.

1) Are we talking light shines from her reflective or is she essentially a mirror?

2) What about attacks that start inside of her, like Corpsemaker causing her brain to collapse or someoe making her swallow a bomb.

3)How exactly does her weakness work? Does her son have to step on a crack everytime and what happens when he dies?

The Problem: With her son in a basement she´s essentially bound to one location and an Epic hunter like that might just draw atention, especially if she spend the first seven years with a vulnerable spot on her back, meaning she probably would have died going up against high Epics.

I know the Astoria thread was still just talk at this point, though it's beginning to look like more of a serious plan. I'd need to see Blastaway in action to judge how OP he is; if he's too OP for The Dalles, we could always talk to Edgedancer and see how soon is too soon to start the Astoria thread. (The biggest snarl there is that Lucentia, who rules there, is currently subjecting Portland to her incessant complaining. If Edge didn't have any objections, I think someone mentioned starting the Astoria thread while Lucentia is absent and focusing on a few outside plots and court intrigue. Since he writes for the Queen, though, it'd be up to him when the thread starts.) But the characters we have for Astoria are all a little OP anyway, so if Blastaway is too OP for The Dalles, he might be a better fit for Astoria. 

Edit: 

Even if the hints she has are pretty obscure, that power might be game-breaking. (And I'm not sure how canon it is, either.) And even if it were neither, there would be wars started over this girl as Epics like Steelheart tried to recruit someone who could just know their opponents' weaknesses. Maybe something like strength detection—she can determine how strong an Epic's powers are and how much of a threat they might be? 

Sure, if you all want to we can start the Astoria thread soon. Although I just found out that I´ll probably will be gone with no internet accsess for the second week of December, then the holidays essentially start, after that it´s Firefight.

How about this, in case this RP survives Firefight hitting continity holes into us the sice of everything we can start in the second/third week of January, :P

I´ll have to agree on objecting to weakness detection, it would turn the girl into a walking ground zero, because just about every Epic wants her death.

What if we started Astoria and the shenanigans that go on there (Lost Ones, Blackwave, Destructors, etc.) are what bring her back to her kingdom? (queendom?)

That´s one way to go about it.

And is that a definite yes on the Financier providing them with their island? Doing so would definitely be in character for him. 

If they have an island near to Astoria it might be better to establish what kind of relationship they had with them exactly.

BlackWave is another Astoria Epic. (Pan's Archnemesis.) He can create Water, and Control the Tides. And Mailliw has a Quartet of Inane Epics as well.

He can create water, was that in his profile? It just seems to make the water part of water healing redundant.

So you've discovered her weakness. :P (Kidding. It's not shinies. If it were, most of my posts in this RP would be nonsense.)

Also, I thought of the one thing that would break the game. Nothing niggling about power types or limitations, but the revelation that teleporters do not exist in the Reckonersverse. :P

(I think there's canon evidence for them though. And even if they haven't been mentioned, the chances they exist in a world a with evil!Superman are excellent.)

Not having teleporters would feel weird with all these supers running around.

Edited by Ookla the Edgedancer

They seems nice, although I have three questions and one problem (plot wise) about Razor.

1) Are we talking light shines from her reflective or is she essentially a mirror?

2) What about attacks that start inside of her, like Corpsemaker causing her brain to collapse or someoe making her swallow a bomb.

3)How exactly does her weakness work? Does her son have to step on a crack everytime and what happens when he dies?

The Problem: With her son in a basement she´s essentially bound to one location and an Epic hunter like that might just draw atention, especially if she spend the first seven years with a vulnerable spot on her back, meaning she probably would have died going up against high Epics.

1) She's essentially a mirror.

2) Corpsemaker's attack relies on sight.  She's reflective.  So if he tried to use his basilisk attack on her, he would be looking himself in the mirror.  However, her interior is vulnerable.  Swallowing a bomb, or even poison, would kill her.  

3) Every time her son steps on a crack, her reflective layer will fracture a little bit more, starting from her back.  It takes seven years from the event for these cracks to heal.  Bobby doesn't have to be alive for this weakness to work.  If somebody cut off his leg, then touched his foot, or the skeleton of his foot, or the dust left behind by the immolation of his foot to a crack in the ground, it would activate Lillian's weakness.  

4) She hasn't gone up against any High Epics yet.  She spent those seven years laying low, only picking fights she knew she could win.  Now that she has finally completely healed, she's ready to take some names.  

Also, nobody knows about Bobby.  Anyone who knew the Razors pre-Calamity assumes that Bobby is dead.  

Edit: Here is Lillian's icon:

post-11257-0-79261200-1417507661_thumb.p

And here is Blastaway's icon:

post-11257-0-61770400-1417507711_thumb.j

Edited by Newan

Molly was just an idea. Nothing is set in stone. Well, except Chicago Joe I guess. And parts of Miner?

If Fatebreaker's getting Pan, can I call dibs on Epic!Felix?

I'm cool. The Lost boys I created can be up for grabs, just let me know if ya want one.

Question for Newan: you say she subconsciously nullifies her ability on her feet so she can walk. Technically, could someone stab her through the soles of her feet if she wasn't expecting it?

Also, I have finals this week and next, so I'll do my best to hang around, but I make no promises.

1) She's essentially a mirror.

2) Corpsemaker's attack relies on sight.  She's reflective.  So if he tried to use his basilisk attack on her, he would be looking himself in the mirror.  However, her interior is vulnerable.  Swallowing a bomb, or even poison, would kill her.  

3) Every time her son steps on a crack, her reflective layer will fracture a little bit more, starting from her back.  It takes seven years from the event for these cracks to heal.  Bobby doesn't have to be alive for this weakness to work.  If somebody cut off his leg, then touched his foot, or the skeleton of his foot, or the dust left behind by the immolation of his foot to a crack in the ground, it would activate Lillian's weakness.  

4) She hasn't gone up against any High Epics yet.  She spent those seven years laying low, only picking fights she knew she could win.  Now that she has finally completely healed, she's ready to take some names.  

Also, nobody knows about Bobby.  Anyone who knew the Razors pre-Calamity assumes that Bobby is dead.  

Edit: Here is Lillian's icon:

attachicon.gifLillian Razor icon.png

And here is Blastaway's icon:

attachicon.gifBlastaway icon.jpg

2)I think I´m leaving the final say on this to Joe.

3)I see. By the way, I appreciate you being open on this.

4)Just because she hasn´t attacked high Epics doesn´t mean that high Epics didn´t go to find out what´s going on with the regular murder of Epics in their territory. To quote Steelheart

I have claimed this city, little Epic. It is mine. And it is my right to dominate the people here, not yours.

By the way, rereading the Prologe and the final, Steelheart is freaking badchull.

Molly was just an idea. Nothing is set in stone. Well, except Chicago Joe I guess. And parts of Miner?

I'm cool. The Lost boys I created can be up for grabs, just let me know if ya want one.

Question for Newan: you say she subconsciously nullifies her ability on her feet so she can walk. Technically, could someone stab her through the soles of her feet if she wasn't expecting it?

Also, I have finals this week and next, so I'll do my best to hang around, but I make no promises.

If we want to get really literal then part of Lucentia is as well.

Talking about that, she also would have to let down her power on her ears and eyes to get sensory information, although that would still cut of senses like smell and touch.

Idea: If Firefight punches minivan-sized holes in this RP, I vote we soothe our sorrow by having our characters do something so ridiculously non-canon Brandon Sanderson will laugh without knowing what he's laughing at. Like all beating up on Calamity, who is actually Santa Claus. :P

I say yea!

Hmm...... possibly, but not probably.

2)I think I´m leaving the final say on this to Joe.

3)I see. By the way, I appreciate you being open on this.

4)Just because she hasn´t attacked high Epics doesn´t mean that high Epics didn´t go to find out what´s going on with the regular murder of Epics in their territory. 

Talking about that, she also would have to let down her power on her ears and eyes to get sensory information, although that would still cut of senses like smell and touch.

2) Of course.  I agree.

3) I appreciate all of your suggestions!

4) Yeah but the idea is that she is really good at what she does.  Being sneaky and covering her tracks, and also choosing not to fight someone who a High Epic would care about aren't things that Calamity gave her.  She's just clever.  

Yeah.  This power is so impossible that it breaks down in all sorts of ways upon close inspection.  How can she see if her eyes are reflective?  If she doesn't feel the force of things touching her, does that mean that her body has no pressure on it?

It pains my perfectionist soul to do this, but let's just say that she can walk, hear, see, and not die from explosive decompression through the power of Handwavium.  

Don't worry too much about her being overpowered.  I'm planning on having Bobby escape very early on.  From then it's just a matter of time until he steps on a crack.  

Idea: If Firefight punches minivan-sized holes in this RP, I vote we soothe our sorrow by having our characters do something so ridiculously non-canon Brandon Sanderson will laugh without knowing what he's laughing at. Like all beating up on Calamity, who is actually Santa Claus. :P

I guess if we ever get proof that we are violating canon lef and right there is no reason to hold back anymore. :P

(Does second or third week of January sound okay to everyone?)

Hmm...... possibly, but not probably.

2) Of course.  I agree.

3) I appreciate all of your suggestions!

4) Yeah but the idea is that she is really good at what she does.  Being sneaky and covering her tracks, and also choosing not to fight someone who a High Epic would care about aren't things that Calamity gave her.  She's just clever.  

Yeah.  This power is so impossible that it breaks down in all sorts of ways upon close inspection.  How can she see if her eyes are reflective?  If she doesn't feel the force of things touching her, does that mean that her body has no pressure on it?

It pains my perfectionist soul to do this, but let's just say that she can walk, hear, see, and not die from explosive decompression through the power of Handwavium.  

Don't worry too much about her being overpowered.  I'm planning on having Bobby escape very early on.  From then it's just a matter of time until he steps on a crack.  

4) For a couple of murders maybe but she needs a lot of victims to keep her from feeling guilty for over seven years (my personal estimation would be at least one per week) and that´s enough to make just about everyone notice her activities.

Plus, if she does live in Astoria her powers would have made her a beacon to The Metal should she come within 1km of him... and he probably would have noticed the person in her basement as well.

I think it would make more sense to say that she chooses selectively what her power reflects and she simply doesn´t reflect ordinary nonharmful light. Granted that would also mean to drop the reflective form (although she could activate it whenever she wanted) but on the upside we wouldn´t need handwavium for her not taking vitamin supplements to balance the lack of sunlight and it goes better with the idea of her laying low, which is very hard should you be a human mirror.

You know what Nathan and Backtrack need?

Jetpacks

http://poorlydrawnlines.com/comic/jetpack/

Everyone needs Jetpacks. B)

You know what Nathan and Backtrack need?

Jetpacks

http://poorlydrawnlines.com/comic/jetpack/

Funtimes could probably make Nathan his own jetpack.

Backtrack, were he to acquire such an item, would inevitably run out of fuel at the peak of his flight.

I think she has a new Super Secret Weapons Project ™ for when she gives Team Funacid their Christmas gifts. In October sometime. Because Christmas is such a fun holiday, and when you're an Epic you can do pretty much anything you want, so why not celebrate Christmas on Halloween and Christmas Day? :P 

(Seriously, though, expect Nathan to have a jetpack soon. Though it would have to be after his secret is inevitably spilled to all of Portland, since it would be rather suspicious to see a powerful teleporter flying around on a jetpack. Unless she tells everyone his secondary is…um…spontaneous jetpack creation? :ph34r:

I guess if we ever get proof that we are violating canon lef and right there is no reason to hold back anymore. :P

(Does second or third week of January sound okay to everyone?)

Sounds good to me. 

4) For a couple of murders maybe but she needs a lot of victims to keep her from feeling guilty for over seven years (my personal estimation would be at least one per week) and that´s enough to make just about everyone notice her activities.

Plus, if she does live in Astoria her powers would have made her a beacon to The Metal should she come within 1km of him... and he probably would have noticed the person in her basement as well.

I think it would make more sense to say that she chooses selectively what her power reflects and she simply doesn´t reflect ordinary nonharmful light. Granted that would also mean to drop the reflective form (although she could activate it whenever she wanted) but on the upside we wouldn´t need handwavium for her not taking vitamin supplements to balance the lack of sunlight and it goes better with the idea of her laying low, which is very hard should you be a human mirror.

4) I thought of a solution.  She doesn't live in Astoria.  Her house is secluded, outside of town.  When the guilt becomes too much for her and she needs a fight, she drives to a different town because the epics are too powerful in Astoria.  The only reason she hasn't moved farther away is that it would be very difficult to move Bobby.  

Yeah, but that would make it an active power.  That's not what I want for her.  

I think she has a new Super Secret Weapons Project ™ for when she gives Team Funacid their Christmas gifts. In October sometime. Because Christmas is such a fun holiday, and when you're an Epic you can do pretty much anything you want, so why not celebrate Christmas on Halloween and Christmas Day? :P

(Seriously, though, expect Nathan to have a jetpack soon. Though it would have to be after his secret is inevitably spilled to all of Portland, since it would be rather suspicious to see a powerful teleporter flying around on a jetpack. Unless she tells everyone his secondary is…um…spontaneous jetpack creation? :ph34r:

Sounds good to me. 

Little did Lightwards know that the museum was only an experiment for the flying fortress she was about to gift Sam. (What do I hear you say, she didn´t know Sam at this point. Clearly Funtimes is a precog. :P)

4) I thought of a solution.  She doesn't live in Astoria.  Her house is secluded, outside of town.  When the guilt becomes too much for her and she needs a fight, she drives to a different town because the epics are too powerful in Astoria.  The only reason she hasn't moved farther away is that it would be very difficult to move Bobby.  

Yeah, but that would make it an active power.  That's not what I want for her.  

4)Makes sense.

Not anymore than turning it off for parts of her body, like you already intended and given that having it turned on constantly as a passive just makes it more active, gives her less reason to hunt Epics. In that regard the influence might come less from activating it but straining it aginst more powerful Epic powers.

Newan: So if someone shot her in her mouth, would it be reflected around inside her head, for would her reflective coating break from the inside?

Every possible visible part of her his reflective (even the underside of her eyelids), so it would bounce around inside her mouth.  If it went down her throat it would kill her.

Not anymore than turning it off for parts of her body, like you already intended and given that having it turned on constantly as a passive just makes it more active, gives her less reason to hunt Epics. In that regard the influence might come less from activating it but straining it aginst more powerful Epic powers.

Actually, that is really awesome.  I like that a lot.  So the power only activates as it is needed.  (I do still want to keep the reflective appearance though, just because it looks cool)

Little did Lightwards know that the museum was only an experiment for the flying fortress she was about to gift Sam. (What do I hear you say, she didn´t know Sam at this point. Clearly Funtimes is a precog. :P)

Tertiary power: Party precognition. Funtimes can see all future members of her parties, both party animals and party poopers. She can't predict the outcome of their parties, but can see whether or not her friends will live. She doesn't consider every situation a party because shaddup that'd break the plot. :P

Tertiary power: Party precognition. Funtimes can see all future members of her parties, both party animals and party poopers. She can't predict the outcome of their parties, but can see whether or not her friends will live. She doesn't consider every situation a party because shaddup that'd break the plot. :P

Epic Name: Plot Bunny

Passive Ability: Conceiving of a highly detailed storyline filled with well-developed characters and intense action sequences.

Primary Ability: Causing all events within a certain radius of her (around the size of one state) to reenact the storyline in her head.

Secondary Ability: Negating any event which would interfere with her narrative.

Epic Name: Plot Bunny

Passive Ability: Conceiving of a highly detailed storyline filled with well-developed characters and intense action sequences.

Primary Ability: Causing all events within a certain radius of her (around the size of one state) to reenact the storyline in her head.

Secondary Ability: Negating any event which would interfere with her narrative.

Technically, Plot Bunny should be considered a party pooper and thus one of Funtimes' enemies. However, Plot Bunny is an actual bunny and therefore loved by Funtimes. :P

Actually, that is really awesome.  I like that a lot.  So the power only activates as it is needed.  (I do still want to keep the reflective appearance though, just because it looks cool)

Shouldn´t be much of a problem as long as she keeps her eyes normal.

That must have reacted very weirdly to Nighthound and Lightwards.

Shouldn´t be much of a problem as long as she keeps her eyes normal.

I can live with that.  Completely reflective face but with normal black pupils might actually look even cooler than smooth reflective eyes.  I think this actually means that a smart Epic could figure out that by attacking Lillian's eyes and causing them to go reflective, they would momentarily blind her.  

Edited by Newan