The Words of Light Published in German ??

bentup

While browsing my favorite site for audio books I found The Stormlight Archive 3 Words of Light listed as Published and available for download in German.  

I was under the impression that this Novel was not yet written.  Can anyone confirm that it is available?

post-12725-0-63024000-1415292395_thumb.p 

Words of Radiance, as it is known in English, is the second novel of the Stormlight Archive series. I don't know why this site lists as the third, but it shouldn't. The third volume, with working title of Stones Unhallowed or maybe Skybreaker, hasn't been written yet.

Maybe the Stormlight books have been split into parts in Germany, like in the UK? In that case, I'd imagine that WoK had two audiobooks and now the first part of WoR is being misleadingly identified as a "third" book.

Maybe the Stormlight books have been split into parts in Germany, like in the UK? In that case, I'd imagine that WoK had two audiobooks and now the first part of WoR is being misleadingly identified as a "third" book.

That's what I thought at first too, but everywhere I've seen The Way of Kings (and Words of Radiance) split into two books, they just label them The Way of Kings (Part) I and The Way of Kings (Part) II, followed by Words of Radiance (Part) I and II. But it does make some sense to just call WoR1 Stormlight Archive 3 - it's wrong, but I could see it happening.

If I recall correctly, the two parts of The Way of Kings were actually given distinct titles in the German publication - the first part was The Way of Kings, and the second part was The Path of Winds. So it would be quite easy to mislabel the first part of the second book as the third book in the series.

(I wonder what Words of Radiance part two will be called in German?)

Yes, the German books are split:

The Way of Kings

-- Der Weg der Könige (The Way of Kings)

-- Der Pfad der Winde (The Path of Winds)

Words of Radiance

-- Die Worte des Lichts (Words of Light)

-- Die Stürme des Zorns (Storms of Rage) (It might be that wrath is the better translation, my gut would use rage or eventually fury).

As said before it's totally possible that the German books are counted here as 1, 2, 3 and 4, as it is with (i.e.) the books of the Wheel of Time or A Song of Fire and Ice.

Btw. IIRC TWoK was split in two books in the English editions but WoR is one book (which I got, it was available earlier than the original).

In the UK, the trade paperback is one volume and the mass market paperback is split. So the mass market says part 1, part 2, part 1, part 2. In Germany each one is split and there is no united volume, so it's book 1, book 2, book 3, book 4.

Actually we told them that it's better to split Words of Radiance into 3 books than 2 (the split points make much better narrative sense that way), but I don't know if any of the countries are going to do that.

• Chaos locked this topic