A story told at a bar... * spoilers maybe?*

Grimn

Hi Guys!
I'm a long time reader and first time poster to this forum and I was wondering what your opinions on a idea I had.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed already, but in the WoB

Q:  Will we learn more about the character currently known as Hoid in Words of Radiance?
A:  Yes, you will. Watch for a story told at a bar. *I dont know how to quote sorry*

I've seen a lot of people agree that this scene is when they are discussing Rock's meeting with his god at the tavern, but I have noticed a possible but probably unlikely option that Brandon was being tricky with his wording.

I was thinking that maybe the story told at the bar was actually Wit/Hoids story that he told to Kaladin through the bars of his cell in WoR.

A wild theory but I wanted to know what you think :D

• 3 months later...

Found this forum searching the forums.  Do you guys have locations in the book for these two conversations? I'd like to go back and review them but its difficult to remember where they were.

The one scene is in Words of Radiance, Chapter 59 "Fleet" and the other is in Words of Radiance, Chapter 46 "Patriots".

Edited by Meg

I had a strong feeling that was Hoid as soon as I read it. In that conversation isn't mentioned that the "top layer" of the water is regular water but if you go deeper its not? Something like that? I mean I know that we know it's a Shardpool but I was just curious.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait... no one thought that this was referring to the story told about Shallan noticing the weird dude putting powder in his own drink?

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I only have my memory to serve me at the moment, but I'm pretty sure the scene doesn't fit the description of being told at a bar in any way.

• Chaos locked this topic