Enlightened Deadeyes (and a possible Bondsmith)

So we know BAM is instrumental inwhy deadeyes were created during the recreance and will be important to their possible restoration. 

During the trial, Maya revealed that the spren chose to break the oaths. Enlightened spren have to choose to be enlightened.

Do we think BAM can "enlighten" deadeyes and maybe that's the path Adolin and Maya are headed towards? 

Side thought: People theorize that Adolin may become an edgedancer but what if he bonded the Nightwatcher (cultivation's bondspren) or BAM as a bondspren? Not much evidence for them, but interesting thoughts that popped in my head while thinking of Adolin's journey.

WOB says there should be 30 surges or Three Sets of Ten.  I think the Deadeyes wanted to Invert the Nahel Bond to put the power of Surges in the hands of the Spren instead of the (theoretically more fallible) Humans, with the Humans instead metabolizing Lifelight to fuel the Spren's new LifeSurges.  During the Trial Adolin Offered her his Strength and then she dramatically Inhaled and suddenly got stronger; I think he gave her Lifelight.

But as to whether Enlightening (which has been done by Sja-Anat but not yet by BAM that we know of) would do Something but it might not be what you'd call Healing:

Jack Kimbell

Could Sja-anat heal a deadeye by changing them?

Brandon Sanderson

Heal? That's going to depend on your definition of heal. But, there are definitely some that would call what would occur healing. They would be different from the way they had been before.

YouTube Spoiler Stream 2 (June 3, 2021)

The impression I've got is this. 'enlightenment' is just unmaking with more appealing name. That said they seem to be the act of rewriting all the honor bits of a spren with odium. if we assume that the broken oath, the act of deliberately going against their intent is what breaks a spren and makes them a dead eye then yes. I think that it enlightenment would convert them into a be a 'normal' Enlighted spren. 

However a enlightened cultivation spren. is NOT the same. And when you think about it replacing all of a beings honour with hate would have to change the. So, I'm disinclined to think that that's what will happen with Mayalaran because the resultant being simply wouldn't be Maya anymore.

Honestly, I think the Ba-Ado-Mishram's dead-eye connection has to do with her control over connection and Roshar's investiture. in which case freeing her will undo most of the damage given time.

On 6/7/2024 at 11:50 AM, Quantus said:

But as to whether Enlightening (which has been done by Sja-Anat but not yet by BAM that we know of) would do Something but it might not be what you'd call Healing:

To me what Sja-Anat is doing is only Enlightening from a certain POV. She is literally unmaking these spren as Odium did to the 9 big unmade. They are being infused with Odiums investiture and it fundamentally changes who they are.

From that WOB, I would say that Sja-Anat is more making a new spren from the corpse of the old, rather than our hope of restoring Maya and others to the spren they were before.

8 hours ago, CtrlAltDepressed said:

To me what Sja-Anat is doing is only Enlightening from a certain POV. She is literally unmaking these spren as Odium did to the 9 big unmade. They are being infused with Odiums investiture and it fundamentally changes who they are.

From that WOB, I would say that Sja-Anat is more making a new spren from the corpse of the old, rather than our hope of restoring Maya and others to the spren they were before.

The fact that they Chose this makes me think Maya and the other Deadeyes aren't looking to be what they were before, one way or another I think they were looking to come out the other side Changed.  But I agree anything Sja Anat did would still be wildly transformative like Unmaking, not anything I'd call Healing.

18 minutes ago, Quantus said:

The fact that they Chose this makes me think Maya and the other Deadeyes aren't looking to be what they were before, one way or another I think they were looking to come out the other side Changed

I dont think thats true. 

They knew they would be hurt but deadeyes did not exist before BAMs capture. 

It is stated multiple times that the spren did not know they would become deadeyes. In that state they are basically dead. They cant really speak or interact at all unless as a shardblade - and our Radiants have showed us that they are screaming in agony constsntly. They are aware of their existence but cannot actively participate in it. 

A large portion of the Honorspren population was killed. Why would a proud species of spren collectively choose to become something different? That doesnt make sense to me. 

They thought they would be hurt, probably similar to how Notum was hurt, but they would still be Honorspren.