4+ spikes in koloss?

EDPDragon

The chapter heading in chapter 40 of The Hero of Ages says "However, each spike also distorts the koloss body a little more, making it increasingly inhuman."

I know that by default koloss have 4 spikes, but what's the limit of spikes the koloss's body can take? Could a stronger koloss be made with 5 or 6 spikes, or would that kill it?

41 minutes ago, EDPDragon said:

The chapter heading in chapter 40 of The Hero of Ages says "However, each spike also distorts the koloss body a little more, making it increasingly inhuman."

I know that by default koloss have 4 spikes, but what's the limit of spikes the koloss's body can take? Could a stronger koloss be made with 5 or 6 spikes, or would that kill it?

You very likely could add more than 4 spikes, but they probably wouldn't count as a true Koloss anymore, but a similar, if more powerful/warped construct. 

As for whether the spikes would kill them, I doubt it; Marsh has at least 22 spikes, and it didn't kill him.

Perhaps you could attempt to make a Koloss with more or less than 4 spikes by altering the contents of each spike, but this is speculation on my part (by assuming the spiritual "code" in a spike is what alters the spike bearer instead of just the raw power).

8 hours ago, EDPDragon said:

Well, TenSoon was wearing 4 spikes and he still remained a Kandra. I think if you know what you're doing, you can give a Koloss more spikes and they will still remain a Koloss - bigger, stronger and probably more mindless, but still a Koloss. However I don’t think Koloss will be able to handle more spikes, 1, or 2, maybe 4 at best - a linchpin spike might be required as with Inquisitors. Inquisitors needed a linchpin spike after their 4th spike, Koloss already have 4 spikes. I think it's also possible that the addition of a linchpin spike would change a Koloss enough so they would no longer be a Koloss, then the answer would be you can't give them more spikes. Unfortunately this is all speculation as we don’t have answers to those questions, it can go either way.