[SA5] What are the words (For Gavilar and Dalinar)?

Mayalaran

Question

So every order has the words that they have to say to advance in their ideals, and we know that Gavilar, when he was bonded to the stormfather, was very intent on finding these words and progressing to Godhood (or something like that). In the Proulouge to stormlight five that has been released, Gavilar routinley attempts to say the words. So what are the words? The closest he gets to them is this: 

“Give it to me,” Gavilar said. “Now. I need it.”

The Stormfather turned a shimmering head his direction. That was almost them.

“What, those?” Gavilar said. “Those were almost the words? A demand?”

So close. And so far.

So my guess, given this passage, is that the words are: "Give it to me. Now. THEY need it."

Does this hold up, or am I misinterpreting? I don't care if I'm wrong or right, but I want to know if I am for sure wrong or not,

4 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Mayalaran said:

So every order has the words that they have to say to advance in their ideals, and we know that Gavilar, when he was bonded to the stormfather, was very intent on finding these words and progressing to Godhood (or something like that). In the Proulouge to stormlight five that has been released, Gavilar routinley attempts to say the words. So what are the words? The closest he gets to them is this: 

“Give it to me,” Gavilar said. “Now. I need it.”

The Stormfather turned a shimmering head his direction. That was almost them.

“What, those?” Gavilar said. “Those were almost the words? A demand?”

So close. And so far.

So my guess, given this passage, is that the words are: "Give it to me. Now. THEY need it."

Does this hold up, or am I misinterpreting? I don't care if I'm wrong or right, but I want to know if I am for sure wrong or not,

Oh I really like this one. May I just opine the counter-option that the final answer should be more assertive, self-assured, and resolute than "give it to me, I/they need it."?

I'm thinking more along the lines of: "give it to me...it is time."

A fully ascended bondsmith should ideally (forgive the phrase please) think, speak, and act with the intent of all of their Ideals with everything that they think, say, or do. One does not simply make demands of a godlike force of nature, and asking them for favors is just normal prayer and hopefulness. So...I'd hypothesize that he isn't going to ask for, and he isn't going to demand, anything. He will simply gesture to the situation at hand during a moment of extreme duress and catastrophe and assert that it is self evident why he was chosen and he formally accepts the responsibility and consequences and spiritual bindings required for full ascendancy. And if he is logically correct when making that assertion, the stormfather shall have no choice but to acknowledge the words.

Perhaps: "lend me your power...I am ready now..."

I'm pretty sure it's just the Immortal Words, it's just that Gavilar, a man who has lied and cheated and has no understanding of real honor, can say all the words he wants, but it's not enough to say them you have to mean them, which he doesn't.

I think the Stormfather showed to be more aware than Gavilar assumed and I don’t think he would let him get it just by trial and error. 

I think when he said, “that was almost them,” he is speaking to the fact that most times, the oaths were said when the need was truly there. He was close as he had the need and desire, but missed the point.