is Wit gonna get his flute back?

7 hours ago, justsomekidinasuit said:

something i want to see in SA5 is Wit getting back the flute that kaladin lost. if im not mistaken, lift found a flute in either Oathbringer or RoW. is that flute Wit's Flute?

Yes, that's Wit's flute. SA 5 preview chapters:

Spoiler

If you want to know, there is Kaladin's preview chapter of KoWT which kind of mentions Wit's flute. I'll put it in the spoiler box (and if you wish to respond, please also put it in a spoiler box, as some people wish to avoid spoilers from preview chapters):

Spoiler

Hoid doesn't want it back:

"So..." Kaladin said, "do you want your flute back?"

"Hell no! I gave you that flute, bridgeboy! Returning it back would be almost as insulting as stealing it!"

"What am I supposed to do with it, though?"

"Hmm," Wit said, reaching into a bag at his feet and slipping out a different flute, this one painted with some kind of shiny red lacquer. He twirled it in his hand. "If only there was something one could do with this curious piece of wood. These holes seem intended for some arcane purpose beyond the understanding of mortals." Kaladin rolled his eyes. "If only," Wit continued, "there was a way to learn to do something productive with this item! It has the look of some natural sort... maybe an instrument? Of curious, mythological design, perhaps intended for some useful purpose? Alas, my poor, finite mind is incapable of comprehending the-"

Here is the list of all preview chapters readings, if you're interested: https://wob.coppermind.net/help/readings

Edited by alder24