Favourite character of Elantris

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite character of Elantris?

• Sarene
    • Raoden
    • Hrathen
    • Kiin
    • Galladon
    • Roial
    • Shuden
    • Ashe
    • Karata
    • Other

The main thing I remember about Sarene is when she acts far, far too little-girl-ish in front of the king. It's hilarious, and still somehow manages to get the job done. Because fencing is totally a little girl hobby.

Reckless meddlers like her are always fun. :)

I voted Raoden; how can one not be intrigued by his storyline? That being said, Hrathen's role reversal at the end was the best moment in the entire book, and I can see why many said him. Sarene's not getting too lucky in this poll ;)

• 1 month later...

Hmm, Elantris is always a hard one for me to pick faves. There just isn't any one trait of any character that i love or hate because for me, they're all quite coookie cutter-like. Not to say that is a bad thing but I just don't get any of the cheer/root feels. So i just went with Other ^^

Hrathen. He really was the high point of the book for me. Just a man thinking he is doing what is right and ends up the villain because of it. Funny to see how the "villain" is more popular than the main character too XD

• 2 months later...

Joining the bandwagon for Hrathen. I love how, even though he was a villain for all of the other characters, he actually is doing something that he genuinely believe will save the people. I love his belief in his faith (kinda funny since I do not have any XD) and the fact that, in the end, he still believes in his religion even if he no longer believe in his Wyrm. I just, I find it beautiful. Plus, I love that his first chapter and the last chapter closed it each other perfectly, all that Savior of Arelon stuff. I love bookends ending.

After that would be Raoden, Sarene, Galladon, Saolin, Karata and Roial.

• Chaos locked this topic