Szeth's Oathstone

Yados

I couldn't get it to work. <spoiler>I tried this.<spoiler> <spoiler>[And this.]<spoiler>

And this.

Then I gave up and said, "Why you no work!"

If you use the site to post, there is a weird icon in the formatting section above the writing window.  For me, it is top row, third from left, just to the left of the font selector and above the underline toggle that, when moused over says "Special BBCode".  Hitting the icon provides a selector that includes "spoiler" as an option.

Edited by hoser

I think Szeth's Oathstone is his father's kidney stone. One he died passing after Szeth irresponsibly allowed him to drink too many high acid, high sugar drinks. Szeth took up a blade to save his life by "cutting him for the stone" and was made truthless when the elders caught him in the process.

I couldn't get it to work. <spoiler>I tried this.<spoiler> <spoiler>[And this.]<spoiler>

And this.

Then I gave up and said, "Why you no work!"

Yeah, it's that third one, but with a '/' in the second tag.

@Theorymaker, I don't see how that could be the case. The only shards of Shards we've seen are Splinters, and they are conscious. 

Also, because beating a dead horse is always fun, what you are looking for is

[spoiler]Spoiler-y content to spoil the spoils off spoiled spoilers.[/spoiler]

EDIT: Damnit, now the word "spoiler" looks funny to me...

Edited by Argent

I think the Oathstone is a shard of Honor from Oduim's shattering of him.

Which is why Szeth has to honor the wishes of his stone's holder.

If that were the case, then I would think that the holders would be influenced by it.  But if anything, the exact *opposite* seems to happen...

I don't know.  I can't recall any cases where a splinter has caused any particular influence over a person bonded to it or in possession of it.  Divine Breath does not seem to cause any particular likelyhood for those who bear it to follow any intent seemingly connected to Edowment.  The capability, sure.  But, I don't see any influence exherted.  Same goes for those bonded to Seons.

• Chaos locked this topic