Adventures in Edassa Information Thread (RP Ongoing!)

Seonid

• 1 month later...

Alright. Finals are over. That was the end of my really tough Physics classes (at least until I go to graduate school next year). I'll be doing research over the summer, but I actually have time now.

So, I realize that this has lost a lot of its momentum. I don't want to let it die without a satisfying conclusion, though. Is anyone up to taking this through to a good conclusion of the storyline with me? I'm thinking Bran's fight with the High Inquisitor, Unodus, Voidus, and Kobold escaping from prison, Voidus taking command of the remaining Inquisition forces in the field, and Father Julian and the king reuniting. Those were the unfinished threads as they now stand.

Of course, if there's more interest after, we can keep going, but I'd like to at least end the "campaign," as it were.

I've had my next post waiting in purgatory for Voidus to add his characters input- but given the structure of it, I can submit it right now and have him put in his reaction afterwards, if you want me to help get things going. :V

Oh, that reminds me- I did do another Edasian thing for Shuster over the summer holidays, but I didn't want to present it without finishing an animation for the other characters...
http://orig15.deviantart.net/7b83/f/2015/109/5/4/shuster_animation__edassa__by_unodus-d8q9d2i.gif
However, given that I'm doing my final exams too now (GCSE exams start slightly later- I guess :/), I probably won't have enough time to be able to finish the other characters until the summer holidays- but I'll work on it ^-^

Just thought I'd share it, since we're trying to rekindle Edassa... :3

Edited by Unodus

No problem.

If finishing this storyline rekindles enough interest in keeping this going, there may be room to fit your character in yet.

I don't want to be over-optimistic yet, though. Let's see where we stand when we finish this storyline.

• 9 months later...

Hello all you Edassa-interested folks! If you remember, once upon a time I promised to put all of the information into a nice, easily accessible master worldbuilding thread. That thread is now live, and I invite anyone who's interested to go on over and take a look! This seems like a nice place to put an official closing on this RP as well.

It was really fun while it lasted, but life happened, and it petered out, like most forum RPs do. If anyone's interested in another, send me a PM, or ask it in the worldbuilding thread. I'll be back to a semblance of normal life in May, after I (hopefully) graduate, and I might be interested in starting up another one then.

Thanks for all of the fun we've had here, and I hope to see all y'all around Edassa again!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I know it's been dead but MAN do I want to do this again! A lot of life has gotten in the way lately and if there's any chance of getting it back off the ground please let me know.

Hey I know it's been dead but MAN do I want to do this again! A lot of life has gotten in the way lately and if there's any chance of getting it back off the ground please let me know.

Me too. :(

I really like how structured the magic was.

Well, I graduate in May, so we'll see what we can do at that time. I'm probably not going to restart this one (although if everyone wants to, I'm willing), but I'd certainly be interested in opening up another one then. I'd even have a great deal more preparation under my belt for things like spell lists (hopefully).

In the meantime, I'd love help with my worldbuilding project thread! Right now I'm taking votes as to whether to worldbuild more for Edassa or for the City of Mortals next (nobody's voted so far... :( but if you do it now, you might be able to get to pick yourself! And I do take requests for worldbuilding areas and cultures :P)

Edited by Seonid

I think that what would be needed is a couple of very frequent posters to set the speed, perhaps start stories off more individual before introducing multiple characters. Personally I thought the worldbuilding and preparation were awesome, I loved the spell list with the point system.
Anyone, it was a great game in a great world with some great GMing, I hope to see it again, in this setting or another.

I just loved Bran haha obviously everything was amazing from Seo's mind but I feel like he was one of my better written characters. Everyone else also had amazing characters, this is honestly the thread I LEAST suspected to ever die.

I just loved Bran haha obviously everything was amazing from Seo's mind but I feel like he was one of my better written characters. Everyone else also had amazing characters, this is honestly the thread I LEAST suspected to ever die.

Turned out 40 hours a week of work and full-time school was too much for me to handle. But graduation in May changes the equation quite a bit. If you guys are really interested in starting the same RP up (or at least using the same characters) - I'm OK with that. By the way, BreathTaker, I decided that Bran the Blessed became a legendary figure later on in Edassan history. I ought to post a link to a short story I started writing for Kobold called Surtinaur. Bran shows up in the footnotes (written by some academic archaeologist guy who doesn't really know what he's talking about - he thinks magic is a myth). I thought you'd like that.

I'm touched Seo... Is he a giant haha? (In Welsh((?)) mythology he's a Giant king)

I could certainly have some of the oldest stories talk about him as a giant. (Most likely, the giant stories were older, but he got attached to them because he was named Bran, just like the king)