Star Wars  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Star Wars movie?

• The Phantom Menace
    • The Attack of the Clones
    • The Revenge of the Sith
    • Han Solo
    • Rogue One
    • A New Hope
    • The Empire Strikes Back
    • The Return of the Jedi
    • The Mandalorian and Grogu
    • The Force Awakens
    • The Last Jedi
    • The Rise of Skywalker
  2. 2. What is your favorite Star Wars show? (wow, there are a lot of them...)

• The Clone Wars
    • The Bad Batch
    • The Acolyte
    • The Mandalorian
    • Andor
    • Tales of the Jedi
    • Tales of the Empire
    • Visions
    • Rebels
    • Ahsoka
    • Resistance (okay, if anyone chooses this, I'm going to hunt you down and slaughter your family)
    • Obi Wan Kenobi
    • The Book of Boba Fest
  3. 3. Favorite holiday special?

• The og
    • the lego holiday special about life day
    • Terrifying Tales
    • Summer Vacation

Alright.

We have a trailer for "Tales of the Empire." I'm sooooooo hyped.

Ik people dislike Acolyte for some reason, and I guess that's fair because some of the things that's been said about the director and that she hasn't watched Star Wars. I honestly don't care? lol. I think it looks great, and I'll just wait till it comes out to pass real judgement. 

ALSO BAD BATCH SEASON THREE!!!! this show is looking pretty great so far. The music for the whole lab stuff with Hemlock and Emerie is so creepy. Hemlock is scary, and I love him. I still have yet to finish watching the two newest episodes.

Thoughts on the Mando and Grogu movie vs s4 of the mandalorian?

Edit: a note on the poll. I put shows and movies that are going to be coming out sometime soon, besides the new Rey movie. Aint nobody going to say that bull crap is gonna be their favorite when it comes out.

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Alright.

We have a trailer for "Tales of the Empire." I'm sooooooo hyped.

Good LORD, it's incredible. I can't wait to see it. My graduation ceremony is on the same day, so I won't be able to watch it on release.

Ik people dislike Acolyte for some reason, and I guess that's fair because some of the things that's been said about the director and that she hasn't watched Star Wars.

If that's true, then it's gonna be a train wreck.

ALSO BAD BATCH SEASON THREE!!!! this show is looking pretty great so far. The music for the whole lab stuff with Hemlock and Emerie is so creepy. Hemlock is scary, and I love him. I still have yet to finish watching the two newest episodes.

I'm only halfway thru S2, but I totally agree about Hemlock. Dude is freaky af. The voice acting is immaculate and so, so coldly intimidating.

Thoughts on the Mando and Grogu movie vs s4 of the mandalorian?

Well, Filoni's directing it, so it's almost certain to be great. I wouldn't care if it were a S4 of The Mandalorian, but I really wish the title was better. "The Mandalorian and Grogu" gives off Dwayne Johnson action movie vibes and I don't like it.

2 minutes ago, The cheeseman said:

Good LORD, it's incredible. I can't wait to see it. My graduation ceremony is on the same day, so I won't be able to watch it on release.

good day to have a graduation! may the force be with you

2 minutes ago, The cheeseman said:

If that's true, then it's gonna be a train wreck.

not necessarily. Just look at that trailer. The visuals and casting are at least good. Also, I'm just down for Sith action regardless.

3 minutes ago, The cheeseman said:

Well, Filoni's directing it, so it's almost certain to be great. I wouldn't care if it were a S4 of The Mandalorian, but I really wish the title was better. "The Mandalorian and Grogu" gives off Dwayne Johnson action movie vibes and I don't like it.

need I remind you that he directed the clone wars movie and book of boba fett.

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

not necessarily. Just look at that trailer. The visuals and casting are at least good. Also, I'm just down for Sith action regardless.

True, but making a Star Wars show without watching Star Wars is a little like making a lotr show without reading the books.

Wait a minute…

Spoiler

*glares at Amazon*

3 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

need I remind you that he directed the clone wars movie and book of boba fett.

That is true. I did say almost certain. And BoBF wasn't bad, it just wasn't great.

23 minutes ago, The cheeseman said:

True, but making a Star Wars show without watching Star Wars is a little like making a lotr show without reading the books.

Wait a minute…

Yes, it is disrespectful to not watch the source material. It would be better if she had, but, tbh, I feel like we need something more new that isn't as influenced by the old. We're getting enough of that with the animated masterpieces. We need something fresh and unburdened by the Skywalker saga.

23 minutes ago, The cheeseman said:

That is true. I did say almost certain. And BoBF wasn't bad, it just wasn't great.

true. I still need to finish watching it, but the episodes I did watch were actually pretty good. 

20 minutes ago, Briar King said:

I really don’t care about Star Wars anymore. Disney has made an utter mess of my childhood jam. Disney Wars isn’t Star Wars. I reject it completely at this point.

But what about the animated projects? 

The live action, besides the first season of Mando and Andor, is basically all just trash. Andor is a great show, but not necessarily Star Wars content at its heart.

26 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

But what about the animated projects? 

The live action, besides the first season of Mando and Andor, is basically all just trash. Andor is a great show, but not necessarily Star Wars content at its heart.

CW S7 was cool. I’ve not been able to make it past S1 of Bad Batch.

6 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Need I remind you that he directed the clone wars movie and book of boba fett.

Neither of those are bad? Sure, they're not the best, but they're way better than say episodes 7-9 

56 minutes ago, Lego Mistborn said:

Neither of those are bad? Sure, they're not the best, but they're way better than say episodes 7-9 

Most SW things are, imo. Except the old Christmas Special.

*shudders*

5 hours ago, Briar King said:

I really don’t care about Star Wars anymore. Disney has made an utter mess of my childhood jam. Disney Wars isn’t Star Wars. I reject it completely at this point.

Disney fans always make it about the EU. The EU had good stuff and bad stuff. I'm forever upset we don't actually get Daala or the warlords era anymore. I don't need to put the EU on a pedestal to not like what Disney did to Star Wars.

My controversial opinions are that Disney still thinks trying to MCU Star Wars is the correct strategy and I'm so tired and sick of being fed things that might be good (Andor) or bleh (Book of Boba Fett). Take some damn time to work on things and actually give me something great. And stop pushing Jedi into everything - not everything needs Jedi, and you don't need Sith just because Jedi exist.

No one these days seems to be capable of writing Jedi without writing Dark Jedi or a warrior race capable of challenging Jedi because plot and 'nothing can hold a candle to Jedi' and that's just so sad and so tiring. We don't need Mandos, Yuuzhan Vong, Inquisitorius, Dark Jedi, or Sith to tell a satisfying plot with Jedi. Jedi are not demigods and it's fine to build limitations in without needing special pleading.

Most controversial opinion ever: Star Wars was at its best when it took a genre and made it Star Wars. Pity so many content producers still aren't learning this lesson. And yeah, I'm done giving it my money. There's lots of other series to follow and stuff to read. I felt zero excitement on seeing the Acolyte trailer, just tired of more content.

I loved the EU. I hate what they are doing to characters they cherry pick. Like Thrawn is an insult to Thrawn.

If they erased the EU then don’t use it I say after the shoddy job these people are doing with the franchise. I don’t want to see anymore of my jam ruined.

14 hours ago, The cheeseman said:

Most SW things are, imo. Except the old Christmas Special.

*shudders*

Even the Rise of Skywalker? You can make a fair argument for TFA and a little bit of an argument for TLJ, but Rise of Skywalker's only redeeming quality is that there was like one or two scenes that had fine visuals. Attack of the Clones had the cringiest dialogue and romance handling out of any of the films by far, but is redeemed by its lightsaber fights and Count Dooku (come on, bro is one of the best characters and I aint gonna deny it. Tales of the Jedi did this man right.)

Ooh, on a side note, ima add a poll to the OP.

7 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Even the Rise of Skywalker? You can make a fair argument for TFA and a little bit of an argument for TLJ, but Rise of Skywalker's only redeeming quality is that there was like one or two scenes that had fine visuals. Attack of the Clones had the cringiest dialogue and romance handling out of any of the films by far, but is redeemed by its lightsaber fights and Count Dooku (come on, bro is one of the best characters and I aint gonna deny it. Tales of the Jedi did this man right.)

Ooh, on a side note, ima add a poll to the OP.

TFA was a good movie. Kind of a rehash of ANH, but that's sequelitis for ya. I enjoy TFA, and I haven't watched the other two sequels in years.

I absolutely agree about Tales of the Jedi and Dooku. During the hostage rescue episode, he very heavily reminded me of an ends-justify-the-means Oath of Vengeance paladin I ran a year or so back. TotJ is SO good, and I can't wait for Tales of the Empire.

16 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Even the Rise of Skywalker? You can make a fair argument for TFA and a little bit of an argument for TLJ 

The comment he quoted said "better than the sequels." I think he meant all star wars stuff was better than the sequels.

For the voting, I mainly picked the Lego because it canonized a SW multiverse, which is the ONLY way I'll accept the sequels

Edited by Lego Mistborn

8 minutes ago, The cheeseman said:

TFA was a good movie. Kind of a rehash of ANH, but that's sequelitis for ya. I enjoy TFA, and I haven't watched the other two sequels in years.

I absolutely agree about Tales of the Jedi and Dooku. During the hostage rescue episode, he very heavily reminded me of an ends-justify-the-means Oath of Vengeance paladin I ran a year or so back. TotJ is SO good, and I can't wait for Tales of the Empire.

TFA was fine, needed better choreography. It's enjoyable enough. Aint ever going to rewatch it lol.

I am soooooo hyped for Tales of the Empire. If we get the same level of character stuff we got for Dooku... Dooku is one of my favorite characters. They better give Barris the same treatment. If not, I will finally go launch an attack on the studios. 

4 minutes ago, Lego Mistborn said:

The comment he quoted said "better than the sequels." I think he meant all star wars stuff was better than the sequels.

For the voting, I mainly picked the Lego because it canonized a SW multiverse, which is the ONLY way I'll accept the sequels

Okay, yeah, that makes sense.

Also, that lego special is just so good. It's the only one we ever needed. The SW multiverse is the best way to think of the sequels.

15 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

I've read two of them and plan to read at least two more. I've read the Attack of the Clones and Heir to the Empire.

DUDE the og Thrawn trilogy is amazing. It's the sequel trilogy we should've gotten. I was ecstatic when they name-dropped Heir to the Empire in the Ahsoka trailer.

Timothy Zahn's other Thrawn books, the canon ones, are also really, really good.

6 minutes ago, The cheeseman said:

DUDE the og Thrawn trilogy is amazing. It's the sequel trilogy we should've gotten. I was ecstatic when they name-dropped Heir to the Empire in the Ahsoka trailer.

Timothy Zahn's other Thrawn books, the canon ones, are also really, really good.

I thought that Heir to the Empire was fine, and loved Attack of the Clones book. I have the other two entries in the trilogy and am planning on reading them later this year around when im rereading OB and ROW for Wind and Truth. They'll be places to breath some fresh air.

2 hours ago, Lego Mistborn said:

Do y'all like to read legends novels?

I refuse to call them Legends. Getting a new EU book back in the day early before release date earned credit. Man I miss those days. 

I didn’t buy any of NU books till someone started raving about the High Republic. I wasn’t going to spend money a 2nd time only for them to erase the book collections again but I decided to try that phase 1 arc… what an utter waste of money that turned into. Wasn’t to long ago I actually threw those 4-6 books I had in the trash can. Some unfinished.

Would love someone else to aquire the rights and burn down everything Disney Wars. 

I ll dunk on Disney Wars all day long at this point. It was a slow build up to my turning on it but I’m full on opposed to it now. I didn’t like TFA at the time. I actually liked TLJ at the time. I was ok with TROS at the time. I really liked Rogue One and I still do. It’s the only movie that got Star Wars right under Disney banner but it still needs to burn.

Obi Juan was a complete joke and really started the ball rolling on my turning away from Disney Wars. Those writers thought they were being so clever working around dialogue of Vader in ANH when he senses Ben on the Falcon. They should never have met again after Sith. Full stop. What they gave us in those 6 eps was a crime against icons. I refuse to accept that Luke is alive because one of the dumbest characters in all of SW spared him.

Oh my God all the hate on Disney SW is so storming exhausting. The fact that it's different than Legends doesn't make it bad. Yeah, there's some bad content, but overall, Disney SW is really good. Rebels is Disney SW, Mando is Disney SW, Andor is Disney SW, Rogue One is Disney SW, The Bad Batch is Disney SU.

It was kinda dumb that Kenobi writers loopholed their way thru ANH dialogue, but it allowed us to have one of the best lightsaber duels that we've ever seen, not to mention Vader's line at the end. "Anakin gone. I am what remains." The acting, the emotion, it was so, so good.

I loved the old EU, too, but at the same time, I'm grateful that we got the new SW that we did. Not all of it has been the best, but it's still Star Wars. Legends, imo, eventually became like all the Warhammer media. There's too much, it's too convoluted, and all of it actually matters.

There is absolutely no way that someone else is going to get the rights to SW. Disney has made 12 billion USD off the Star Wars franchise. There is no way they're going to let it go. The only way they would would be if someone made them an offer they couldn't refuse.