Finally signed up!

I’ve been reading Brandon’s works since 2012 and using the coppermind daily during heavy cosmere reread sessions. Recently started listening to the podcast about 6 months ago and just really love the personalities and overall vibe of the hosts. So after finally backing a Sanderson crowdfunding campaign I figured it’s time to officially sign up for the forum! Happy to be here. 

2 hours ago, Obnixe said:

I’ve been reading Brandon’s works since 2012 and using the coppermind daily during heavy cosmere reread sessions. Recently started listening to the podcast about 6 months ago and just really love the personalities and overall vibe of the hosts. So after finally backing a Sanderson crowdfunding campaign I figured it’s time to officially sign up for the forum! Happy to be here. 

Hey there! Welcome to the Shard!

9 hours ago, Faerie Braids said:

Welcome, welcome, welcome! What has been one of your favourite moments in the Cosmere, so far?

Such a difficult question right off the bat! There are so many amazing moments but I find most of mine fall in the sanderlanches near the end of his books. Kaladin getting his plate was such a vivid moment in my mind that it is probably my current favorite but that doesn't take away from so many others. His journey through depression to emerge, while not unbroken, a stronger person really resonated with me. 

1 hour ago, strmblsd said:

Welcome what is your opinion on hemalurgy 

I feel like I will need to see how it is used in Era 3 before I make a final decision. The way in which it has been used up to now has ranged from horrendous to horrible but I see the advantages if it is monetized in a way similar to Nalthis breaths. If a person can sell a vestigial portion of their spirit web to better their walk of life then who am I to deny them. But the forceful removal that lead to death and abduction in Eras 1 & 2 respectively will always give Hemalurgy a negative connotation.