Anti-God Metals

So I was browsing through the Coppermind and found a bit of an interesting entry that I haven't really seen discussed anywhere, Anti-God Metals but, as far I'v seen there arn't to many examples of Anti-God Metal. But if Anti-God Metals do truly exist does it exhibit the same traits and abilites as normal God Metal? Or any other traits that would make it supererior or inferior?

"Anti-God Metals[edit]

Physical matter is known to have a counterpart called antimatter - matter composed of antiparticles that share many properties with the particles of ordinary matter, but manifest some of them in an opposite way (e.g. a proton and an antiproton have the same mass, but opposite electric charges and magnetic moments). Raboniel describes this in terms of axi with opposite polarities.[41] A similar relationship exists between Investiture and anti-Investiture in the cosmere.

An Allomancer ingesting anti-God Metals will die.[42]  " - The Coppermind

Edited by Monkey King

1 hour ago, Monkey King said:

So I was browsing through the Coppermind and found a bit of an interesting entry that I haven't really seen discussed anywhere, Anti-God Metals but, as far I'v seen there arn't to many examples of Anti-God Metal. But if Anti-God Metals do truly exist does it exhibit the same traits and abilites as normal God Metal? Or any other traits that would make it supererior or inferior?

It will kill you so the effects of it aren't really important. We don't know anything more than that. We don't even know what other properties anti-light has - there is not a single person in Cosmere who would be able to interact with anti-investiture to figure this out. You can't breathe in anti-Stormlight to check how it makes you feel, you can't swallow anti-Atium to see what it does - both of those things would react violently with your soul, destroying it. 

Spoiler

Questioner

What would happen if a Mistborn ingested anti-lerasium or anti-atium, assuming they don't explode?

Brandon Sanderson

If you are not highly Invested yourself, and you get the anti[-Investiture], it's not gonna be a fun time. You won't explode, but it will kill you, almost assuredly. Not a fun time, but not an explosively not-a-fun-time, just a regular old not-a-fun-time. Maybe a little bit like pouring molten metal down your throat.

Dragonsteel 2023 (Nov. 21, 2023)

Edited by alder24

25 minutes ago, Monkey King said:

Interesting, could it kill Nightblood? 

That's a very good question. No idea. Possibly. Nightblood isn't made out of anti-investiture, he is full of corrupted investiture and keeps sucking in more and more. But as a solid investiture himself (he kind of is a god metal now), he might be more resilient to effects of anti god metal (or anti-investiture in general) - it might look more or less the same as when he struck a Honorblade (god metal), a big explosion, which didn't kill him. Sucking in gaseous anti-investiture might be more harmful, especially that the corrupted investiture Nightblood holds is under immense pressure, so it might react like mixing Stormlight with Anti-Stormlight in a gemstone. 

I think giving Nightblood anti-investiture might be a way to kill him, but who knows, Nightblood himself is just an extreme and unique thing.

Spoiler

TopicCharming2157

Living Shardblades are the physical manifestation of spren. If Moash had used Raboniel's anti-Stormlight charged dagger to stab a spren while in Shardblade form, would it kill the spren? (Like Kaladin forming a Syl shield to guard a stab)

Brandon Sanderson

Physical form of a spren is going to be more resilient to this.

YouTube Spoiler Stream 3 (Dec. 16, 2021)

Edited by alder24

• 3 weeks later...

If you look at anti-investiture as a parallel to antimatter in the real world then it absolutely would destroy any highly invested beings. Theoretically there should’ve been an equal amount of antimatter and matter irl - at least there’s no reason for there not to be but in reality everything we know of it just normal matter except for the tiny amounts of anti hydrogen and maybe helium we’ve made for experiments. Theoretically, if you had an entire “anti cosmere” right next door to the cosmere then you’d find people able to use anti investiture and godmetals the same way they do in the cosmere. I’m pretty sure the effects would be the exact same (similar to anntimatter) other than if they came into contact with “real” counterparts as then they would destroy each other. Additionally we have no idea how anti-investiture would react to normal matter and vice versus. It seems to have no effect but that’s delving into some really thick weeds that I have no clue about. Basically the most interesting bits of the “anti” is its interaction with the “real/regular/normal” and not with its own kind.