Starting to make a cardboard shardblade

52 minutes ago, Monkey King said:

Looks really good but isn't there a crystal like structure attached to the lower bottom portion of it? Just an idea 

yeah im planning on adding it later on thats my first outline of it.

Yooo! Cardboard and duct tape! You, my friend, have chosen the best beginner sculpting medium! I love this project idea! My one bit of advice (maybe you know this already; if so, ignore me :)) is that, if you're making the blade solely out of cardboard, make sure to give it a couple of layers and align the grain of the cardboard in as many different directions as you reasonably can to give it sturdiness. Cardboard likes to bend in frustrating places...

4 minutes ago, Ookla said:

Yooo! Cardboard and duct tape! You, my friend, have chosen the best beginner sculpting medium! I love this project idea! My one bit of advice (maybe you know this already; if so, ignore me :)) is that, if you're making the blade solely out of cardboard, make sure to give it a couple of layers and align the grain of the cardboard in as many different directions as you reasonably can to give it sturdiness. Cardboard likes to bend in frustrating places...

thanks for the advice i will definitely use that.

11 minutes ago, Monkey King said:

How are you going to renforce the handle?

I already have a very sturdy cardboard tube and I'm going to fill it with more cardboard to make it stronger (if you have any tips I'm open to suggestions)

Ok, an idea - Maybe you could get a thick wooden rod and build the blade around it (to provide a sturdy middle and handle) and when most of the blade is done you could sand the rod flat to make the blade completely flat and tougher than the typical cardboard sword (If that makes sense)