Pottermore!

KChan

So, this weekend, J.K. Rowling surprised us all by announcing that Pottermore is open to the public! They're being kind of slow about letting everyone on, I guess because of server concerns, so right now you have to wait for two emails: the account validation email, which doesn't go out right away (I had to wait a few hours for mine), and then once you complete the steps to validate, a second email that lets you know you're able to log on and actually do things. I'm currently waiting for the second one. I'm not able to post much about my impressions thus far because of that, but I will say that it's kind of weird not being able to make up my own username. I understand why they do it, but it's still rather odd.

Anyways, is anyone else really excited about this? I know I am!

By the way, my username is StormScale18528. Add me! (And preferably post your own username here so I actually know who you are when I get your request, and so other Sharders can add you!)

I just signed up and verified, but I'm still waiting on the "you're free to explore" e-mail. My username is sigdnetqueen-soemthing. And I may be spelling part of that wrong. I'll update with the whole thing once I can see it again.

edit: ha! Got the username finally. SnidgetQueen11514. My first thought on realizing it wasn't saying signet was "what the heck is a snidget?" Yeah, I need to brush up on my potterknow. Now I need to figure out how to be sorted.

edit2: I don't know how, but I am in gryffindor. Yeah, didn't see that one happening. I expected Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. Also, I got an aspen wand. I don't think I like it. (pheonix core)

Ah ha! You be my mortal enemy... but really we'll still be friends, right? ;)

Of course! Friends...

*puts a HUGE spider in fRR's bed*

... I can't do the practice potion... it keeps saying I added the wrong number of snake fangs, even though it said I had put 6. Bug?

I have discovered that I am terrible at potions. I barely got the potion heated up before time ran out. I also have no idea how to turn the page to see the second half of the formula.

Also did anyone read about Petunia and Vernon's romance and their double date with James and Lily? I was just cracking up because it all felt so familiar. I also read McGonagall's back story. It was just amazing. I never realized that she had ever been married, let alone all the pain she went through. It makes me respect her way more. She's one of the strongest characters in the whole book. It also explains her ardent defense of Muggles and half-bloods. I can't wait for the Chamber of Secrets to be out.

Ah, it finally opened up?! Excellent! Hopefully the other books are well on their way, then. I was beginning to fear it would never get out of beta. I'll have to check to see if dueling is working, now.

As for me, I'm BatThestral117, a Ravenclaw. I don't recall what my wand it. Something awesome, I'm sure.

If anyone needs something, let me know. I've found all of them. :D

Well, since you offered, and it is so convenient, any idea how to unlock the put-outer entry? I can read it at the end of the chapter, of course, but I never figured out where to click to unlock it during the chapter itself (though perhaps that was just a glitch when I tried).

NettleAsh6837

Proud member of the same house as the best LotR character - Samwise Gamgee

(Lyssie - why are you disappointed that you got into the best house? I'm all confused.)

Wand: 10 3/4" Dogwood, Hard, with a unicorn tail hair.

Well, since you offered, and it is so convenient, any idea how to unlock the put-outer entry? I can read it at the end of the chapter, of course, but I never figured out where to click to unlock it during the chapter itself (though perhaps that was just a glitch when I tried).

Try the lamppost. Edited by Sir Read-a-Lot

Thanks for the responses.

I just checked on it and now it is saying I have it even though I didn't before. Although I noticed that there are new things to unlock that weren't in the closed beta (well, either that or I have a really bad memory). Excellent timing, considering that the ebooks have been finally released.

Edited by Thought