Fav War Stance for Combat

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Argenti said:

Smokestance! 
 It's basically just fencing, which I do IRL, and it's flowy. 
I like flowy.

How fun is fencing btw? I'v been debateing doing it but I don't want to commit to something if i'm not gonna like it

Just now, Knight of Eternal Books said:

How fun is fencing btw? I'v been debateing doing it but I don't want to commit to something if i'm not gonna like it

It's real fun! Do you bruise easily?

Edited by Argenti

3 hours ago, Knight of Eternal Books said:

I fenced more saber and epee and it was a blast. I couldn't keep it up outside of school as it is a pricey hobby if you don't have access to the equipment. I bet more HEMA style fencing is even more enjoyable.  Its a great way to train footwork.  

I also really liked that Bruce Lee nodded to fencing for its footwork, distance control and lines of attack.  

9 minutes ago, Tamriel Wolfsbaine said:

I fenced more saber and epee and it was a blast. I couldn't keep it up outside of school as it is a pricey hobby if you don't have access to the equipment. I bet more HEMA style fencing is even more enjoyable.  Its a great way to train footwork.  

I also really liked that Bruce Lee nodded to fencing for its footwork, distance control and lines of attack.  

Agh Epee! The gross weapon. But yeah, I agree, the gear is hellishly expensive.
( I fence foil, but dabble in Epee)

25 minutes ago, Argenti said:

Agh Epee! The gross weapon. But yeah, I agree, the gear is hellishly expensive.
( I fence foil, but dabble in Epee)

I love Epee!  Foil was fun when I dabbled in it but I just found the target area to be too restrictive.  

After a lot of kali and stick fighting I like  having the entire body as a target. Use your longest weapon against your closest target. Lots of wacking hands and shins if you can. Off line attacks and less trying to maim or kill but just destroy their ability to keep fighting.

Ironically that is exactly how I enjoy envisioning shardbearer fights... a few slaps against your opponents hands or shins to stop them from advancing. 

Epee is so annoying to fight against.  Although my biggest issue with fencing has always been the suicidal tendencies of some strikes... scoring touches where you get a point because you touched their foot 0.1 seconds faster than they slapped your neck feels wrong haha.  

So I can feel the irritation against epee haha.